28,

October 12th
9am

Jimin fluttered his eyes open, as he felt a huge weight on his body.
He had just woken up and yet he already felt tired.
His mind immediately travelled back to what he read on the piece of paper yesterday and he felt his chest tighten.
Tomorrow.
Tomorrow was the day he would leave.
On his birthday, how ironic.

He felt as if he had tons of weight on his eyelids as the kept on closing, from time to time.
Though his eyes were closed, he kept on crying, with no sound leaving his lips, just large and heavy tears streaming down his cheeks.
He coughed a couple times, due to not being able to breathe properly and wiped his tears as he heard the door open.

"Jiminie," Taehyung greeted him, carrying what looked like a huge bag of clothes with him.
Jimin looked exhausted and he couldn't even hug his best friend, making him feel guilty.
"Let me," Taehyung's voice cracked, Jimin knew why and it caused a large lump to form in his throat.

Taehyung squeezed the helpless boy and muttered an 'I love you' in his ear.
Jimin managed to keep his heavy eyes slightly open, to be able to look at the beautiful boy sitting next to him, "h–how are you?"

Tae pressed his hand against the sick boy's' mouth stoping him from talking, "I'm fine Jiminie, don't push yourself okay?"

Jimin nodded softly, his body completely frozen.
His eyes stung. All he wanted to do was hug his best friend and he couldn't even do that.
He was so weak and so helpless it made Jimin cry.
As much as he had no energy left in him, he managed to let out a couple of sobs, before Taehyung took him into his embrace and hummed the same song from the other day.

"I–I love you too Tae," Jimin whispered in Taehyung's ear, "I love all of you. All of h–him."

Taehyung took a sharp breath, feeling his own lump forming in his throat as he quickly swallowed it down.
He had to stay strong, for the sake of Jimin.

Jungkook was never going to forgive him for keeping this a secret from him, but he also couldn't betray his best friend and once again he was stuck in between, not knowing what to do.

"H–How long?" The trembling boy managed to ask after a while.

Jimin looked up, a slight pain shooting in the back of his neck, "tommorow."

Taehyung broke down, loud sobs filling up the silent room, "n–no, that's too soo–soon, Jimin I can't–," he choked on his own words as he tried balancing his breathing and talking.

"Tae look at me," Jimin managed to say.
Taehyung looked up, looking like a complete mess, his eyes watery and lifeless, his cheeks red and stained.

"Promise me," Jimin said taking a deep breath, his chest tightening more and more every second, "you won't tell them. Especially Jungkook. Promise me that Tae."

Taehyung looked away. He couldn't take it anymore, he couldn't keep all that pressure together anymore.
"They will never forgive me, t–they will hate me," Taehyung said.

"Tell them, what I told you," Jimin muttered, "tell them I didn't want them to worry."

Taehyung stood, not able to look at his corrupting best friend in the hospital bed anymore, "I'll be back."

Jimin glanced at him and slightly nodded, the pain in his neck and upper back still present.
Or was it his heart that was hurting?

He turned his head towards the alarm clock on the night stand and squinted his eyes to adjust to the small numbers.
9:20 am.

"14 hours and 40 minutes," Jimin thought to himself, "until my birthday and my last moments."

*
1pm

"Pick up you piece of shit!" Jungkook cursed at his phone, pressing the device against his ear with a shaky hand for the third time.

"Come on hyung!" He eagerly yelled.

"Hello?" A voice finally answered.

"Why the fuck are you not answering?!" Anger shooting out the younger.

"Jungkook? Why are you calling me?"

"Where the fuck is Jimin, you dick?" Jungkook's eyes were filled with tears as his voice broke at the mention of his name.

"Jungkook sto–"

"Why aren't any of you fucking telling me where he is? I'm supposed to know! I f–fucking love him!"

Jungkook expected a response but all he heard was heavy breathing.

"Meet me at the park tonight."

"–what?" Jungkook said but he was too late, since the elder had hung up already.

He angrily threw his phone on his bed, hearing a sudden buzz.

From: T-Hyung.
9pm.

Was all the text had written in it, confusing and worrying the younger even more.
He was scared and the strange feeling in his guts didn't help him one bit.

•*~ффФфф~*•

badly;