Chapter 4

I. Had. The. Single. Greatest. Idea. For. This. Story. Like, why the hell not throw in a little Frerard bromance? BOOM. Greatest idea ever.

~

We drove slowly, and I mean 40mph, towards wherever the hell we were going. Gerard wouldn't spill, just sitting there with his wide, toothy grin of his. I scowled at him and rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but giggling to myself.

"Gee. Seriously. Where the fuck are we?" I asked him, scanning the landscape. Cars moved into my view, blocking the tree from my vision. "Geeeeeeeeeeee." I slurred, poking his cheek.

He grumbled slowly and swatted my hand away whenever it came within an inch of his face. I giggled, distracting him for a moment before going in and poking his nose.

Squeaking, he grabbed the finger I poked him with and bent it ever so slightly sideways, causing my knuckle to pop. I let out a startled yelp and clutched my finger to my chest, Gerard going back to grinning his awkward lesbian smile.

I gawked at him for a moment before reaching over and flipping on the radio, which he had been perventing me from doing for about half an hour, and instantly Blackout by Breathe Carolina came on.

"AND WHEN YOU SAY

I'M NOT OKAY

I LEFT MY PHONE IN THE CAB-"

Gerard groaned.

"-I WON'T BLACKOUT

LET'S GO A LITTLE HARDER, HARDER

I WON'T BLACKOUT!"

Yet another painful groan.

"THIS WON'T STOP

TIL I SAY SO

GOING

GOING

GOIN'

GOIN'

GO."

Finally the song came to a small pause, and Gerard took the opportunity to reach over and change the station, to country. I screeched like an owl and pressed the first button I found, and smiled deviously as it took me back to Blackout.

But sadly, thanks to Gerard's rude buttness, the song was over. I sighed, but then I Feel Like Dancin' by All Time Low came on.

"SHAWTY SAID SHE WANTS TO RUN AWAY

SAYS I LOOK LIKE A BOY SHE USED TO DATE

TOOK ME BY THE HAND AND PULLED ME TO THE STAIRS.

PUT HER TONGUE ALL UP IN MY EAR

ALMOST MADE ME SPILL MY BEER

SHE'S UP AND READY TO GO

BUT I DON'T CARE.

CAUSE I'M IN THE ZONE

TURN OFF MY PHONE

I'VE GOT MY OWN AGENDA!"

As I prepared for the chorus, I was surprised when Gerard's beautiful and breath-taking voice butted in, taking my lead from me and turning it into his own hands.

"CAUSE I FEEL LIKE DANCIN TONIGHT.

I'M GONNA PARTY LIKE IT'S MY CIVIL RIGHT.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE

I DON'T CARE IF PEOPLE STARE.

CAUSE I FEEL LIKE DANCING TONIGHT!"

We sang the rest of the song, laughing and taking turns; Me with verses, him with the chorus. Gerard mentioned that there was like, half an hour until our destination, and I noticed he sang a bit quieter through the rest of the songs.