the unexpected and the expected

--------

CHAPTER TWO

the unexpected and the expected

--------

FIRST POV: Kim Hy Ri

This is it. This is where I either decided to suicide or move school. Too poor to move school, so should I just kill myself?

I look at myself from the bathroom mirror where I see a girl in her unremoved makeup and a bloated face from all the crying last night and the messy hair which looks like some bird has made a home in.

And the scene played from last night played in my head. again.

"I must have gone crazy!" I shout loudly causing me to pull my hair in that progress.

"It's okay, Hyri! Just take a deep breath in. It's okay. Everything is going to be okay. He probably wouldn't even remember it but it's Sungyoon (Y real name) we are talking about! He has the best memory!"

I sigh in frustration and tie my hair up into a bun and making sure to remove the makeup from last night.

"Maybe... I can pretend not to remember... since I did drink... yes. That's it. That's the only way I can escape."

Let just hope that it works.

[ 45 minutes later]

"You did what?!?" shrieked Mari who just arrived and has already been filled in with the incident which took place last night.

"I know. I know. It was stupid. But I was drunk..."

"and in love." she finishes me off.

She takes the empty seat next to me and places her small hand on my shoulder showing me her empathy, not with words but with actions.

After the two minute of silence, she finally spoke.

"I don't know if you know this but Sungyoon (Y real name)  and Sooyoung are back together, again," she whispers in a small voice but loud enough to hear in the pin drop silence.

My heart broke. again, making me wonder as to how many times can a single piece of heart is able to break?

"What? When?" I found myself saying.

"Don't know the details. But apparently, they are back together, again. And this time I think they are serious." she says squeezing my shoulder in the progress.

What was I expecting? For him to come to me? Why? Why was I expecting that? He loves her too much.

"That's good. He always seems to be depressed, lately. Also, found him spacing out a lot," I found myself say and before I knew it, the tears appear soon followed by Mari warm hug, which has always healed me.

But for this, it wasn't enough.

And my heart continues to break. Even into tinier pieces.

[2 hours later]

"We should go out and eat," suggest Mari.

"Sure," I reply back covering the puffiness of my eyes and the redness making sure that it wasn't noticeable.

"Where should we go?"

"Bong Bong Chicken.The one we went yesterday,"

I froze at its name, and the scene from last night park filled my mind.

"Do we have to go there, again? I m-mean we just went there, yesterday and the day before and the day before!"

"Yeah! You never complained before and you know how much I love chicken! I also have some coupons which give us free chicken!!" she says showing off her three coupons. "And they also have good looking guys! Three of them!" she says nudging me with the smirking face.

I roll my eyes at her childish before but not denying the fact that they are good looking. Because they were. All three of them.

"Fine. Let's go. Should we invite Youngtaek (TAG real name)?"

"Fine! As long as he is away from my precious chicken!"

I place a smile on my lips as I watch her text him in frustration and pouting.

"I will go and get ready. You wait right here! and try to not make any mess,"

"Yes mum," she mumbles and continues with the texting.

I smile for the last time before heading toward my room and making sure that I look extra nice today. Because... He is going to be there. He is always there but this time I will notice him and maybe he will do too. But how would he act? familiar or stranger? what should I say? anything or nothing? should I make a small eye contact and smile? or ignore and pretend that last night in the park, nothing happened.

[Last night - Flashback]

"Hey, are you okay?"

I look up at the tall stranger who was now blocking my view.

"Y-ye-eah," I try to say confidently and yet my voice betrays me as I somehow manage to shutter. I don't know if it was the cold or the tears. 

"Here," he says taking off his jacket and handing it to me.

I try to get a closer look yet all I could see was the shadows and the darkness which covered his face making me unable to identify him.

"It's okay," I say trying to resist this stranger who was over-friendly for someone whom I don't even know and making me wonder if this is the sign of danger or not.

"Don't worry. I am not someone dangerous," he answers as though he was able to read my mind. "Can I sit?" he continues monitoring at the empty seat next to me.

I nod my head slowly. The warmth of his jacket makes me feel safe and somewhat comfortable like I belong here. His jacket has the light smell, the fainted lemon scent and rosemary and the feeling of belonging.

After that, he didn't say a word and I didn't have the courage to look or even take a quick peek at him. After some while, all you could hear was the cold windy wind making the light yet and the same time heavy sounds, picking up the small packet of rubbish along with it. And the people who were here before soon disappeared, one by one and all who were left was us. Alone. In the park.

"I think we should get going," he says breaking the silence that we had.

I nod my head slowly while getting up from the wooden bench and taking the coat off.

"Thank you, again,"

"Don't mention it. This is probably the only thing I can do, anyway."

When he spoke those words, he got up and faced toward me, the streetlight bright lights were shining on his face, allowing me to see the mystery man face.

"It's -"