Chapter 2 or 3

Hi! Are you still reading? Then review, guys.:) The more reviews the faster updates.:) I think you will like this chapter.:)

"Dad?" Amy began when she sat at the kitchen table. It was morning and she was getting ready for the school that day.

"Yes?" Simon hummed from behind his newspapers.

"Do we really need a new nanny?" she asked. She knew that a new nanny was supposed to come that day to start with her new job. And she wasn't excited by that. It was better when their father was at home with them. Better than some strange nanny. She didn't want to get to know someone new. And she was kind of bored of thinking about new ideas how to make them quit fast.

Simon sighed and put his newspapers down, "Amy, we've talked about it many times," he said.

"But why won't you stay at home?" Amy asked.

"Amy... I have my work, I can't stay at home," he said patiently.

"But mum used to stay at home." Amy frowned and crossed her arms on her chest.

"And I was earning money," he pointed out.

"But nannies are stupid," Amy whined.

"Amy," Simon admonished her.

"It's true. They are smart enough to watch silly TV series. They cook awful food if they didn't offer pizza and they let Adam crying for hours. I would be able to take care of him better. And they have no sense of humor," Amy spilled.

"Well, I kind of understand that if they find dead mice in their bed, mud in their shampoo or giant spider in their tea, they don't find it funny, Amy," Simon groaned.

"It was funny," she protested and frowned for more.

"Amy," he sighed.

"So what? I was bored and this was better fun than watching if Esmeralda kissed Jose Fernando or a tree, because she was blind and silly," Amy mocked.

"Uh... Eat your breakfast, I'll drive you to school," Simon said, resignedly.

"I'm not hungry." Amy frowned.

"But you're gonna to be, so eat it," Simon groaned. He didn't know what to do with her sometimes.

"Okay, if it makes you happy," she murmured finally and grabbed a toast.

"Good girl," Simon breathed and returned to his newspapers. Another small morning battle was won. But it was only the beginning of the day.

When Amy finished her breakfast Simon drove her to school with Adam safely fixed in his baby seat. Simon couldn't leave him at home alone. He sighed. It really was nothing for him. He loved his children and didn't mind taking care of them. But this everyday's routine was exhausting for him. He missed his work. He knew he couldn't afford to be away from his work too long. Not because of money - he had savings. But because of his reliability - his clients were waiting for him. And he couldn't afford to get the label of an unreliable lawyer. It would have meant losing all his clients. Simon knew that losing a good name was way easier than to get it back. He needed to get back to his office. He needed a nanny. Desperately. Those five days proved it enough.

However he knew that Amy wasn't that far from the reality. Most of the nannies that had gone through their house were kind of simple. And few of them really didn't seem to care much. Yes, fifteen nannies quit, but few of them were simply fired. Simon didn't like any of them as well. But he needed someone to help him and he hoped that this new nanny would be better. That she would be able to handle Amy and that Amy would accept her. Simon decided to try to be more kind to her too. He knew that the never-ending changing of people weren't good for them. It took a longer time for Adam to get used to every new nanny. He was being fussy lately and cried often. It was really a high time to find someone good who would stay longer.