Recruitment

I rode down to the post office.

"A letter for Elizabeth Schuyler," I told the guy.

"You two lovers?"

"N-no, it's from my sister. She wanted me to deliver it for her. Can you give me directions to George Washington's camp?"

He gave me directions, and I was on my way. As I approached the camp, I was hit from behind with a fist and blacked out.

"Sir! We found this young man lurking around our borders!"

I blink open my eyes. The man speaking is a young man. About nineteen. He's fairly good looking, with tan complexion and dark hair in a ponytail.

A bulky man in a continental army uniform stares at me.

"What's you're name?" he asks me.

Whoops. I forgot to think of a name.

"Uh.. M-mason. Mason Bergenson."

"Well, 'Mason Bergenson', would you care to tell me if you might be.." he pauses for a moment. "A loyalist?"

"N-n-no, I'm just hoping to be recruited. Can I see George Washington?"

"He's here."

I look around, confused.

"You're looking at him."

The man is George Washington.

"Ok, I guess we're just have to take you in. ALEX!"

"Yes sir?"

"You only have four people in your tent?"

"Yes, sir."

"Mason's with you."

I follow Alex out of the tent. He leads me to our tent. A guy with long curly hair in a pony-tail greets Alex

"Oh-ho. New roomie?"

"What's his name?" says the guy with the thick French accent.

"Mason," Alex says shortly.

"John Laurens," say the first one.

"Lafayette." says the French one, sticking out his hand for me to shake. I don't take it.

"HERCULES MULLIGAN!!!!" says a guy bursting out of the tent. "Sorry, been wanting to use that for a long time." he chuckles. "Hercules Mulligan."

"Yeah. I think we get it." I remark coolly.

It's gonna be a loong war with these guys. Not to mention the huge headache I'm having from being fisted in the back.