7- And A Merry New Year

At 11:20 Peter is sitting behind the couch, knees ut to his chest, crying.
~
Peter sits, knees up to his chest, in a black chair, which is surprisingly comfortable, screwdriver in his right hand and one of his webshooters in the other. The other one on the desk next to him.

Tony wanders into the small lab, coffee in hand, seemingly un noticed by Peter. "Shouldn't you be heading home soon?" He asks.

"May doesn't come home until half past eleven or something, and I don't want to be alone." Peter answers, not even looking away from What he's working on. "And the walls are very thin..." Peter adds, looking up. Tony's eyebrows furrow.

"Some of our neighbours decided to test out some fireworks this morning." Peter says, fiddeling with the screwdriver. "It felt like my eardrums were gonna explode." Tony's expression changes as he seems to understand. "That's why I'm here right now. I left as fast as I could."

"That's understandable."

"Why don't you join me and Pepper for dinner then? She just got home and I'm sure she'd love to hear about your Spider-Boy shenanigans since last time you saw her." Peter's eyes light up and he smiles. "Really?" He asks, and Tony nods, motioning for him to follow. Peter gladly does, skipping out the door.

Pepper is ecstatic and goes right in for the hug. "Peter!" She greets. "How have you been?" She asks, hands on both his shoulders. "I'm great!" Peter replies. Tony raises a brow from where he's standing, leaning against the wall. "I mean, I could be better, but still..." Peter says, with a sheepish smile on his lips.

Both Tony and Pepper chuckle.

.

At 10pm people seem to think it's okay to start firing some of their fireworks. Peter doesn't. Worst of all was that since he was in such a rush to get out of his apartment, he hadn't really brought anything but his phone and keys. He had nothing to just possibly dim the noise at all.

It's a few blocks away so he guesses it's okay for now. He was terribly wrong.

When the neighbour decides It's about to test out theirs too, Peter wants to die.

At 11:20 Peter is sitting behind the couch, knees ut to his chest, crying. Pepper calls his aunt and asks her to come over, because there is no way in hell her or Tony is forcing him outside and home when it's like this.

May arrives at 11:35. Pepper greets her and tells her what exactly is going on. She finds Peter, on the floor behind that couch, with Tony next to him. Arm around him holding him close as Peter whimpers quietly, soaking his expensive suit jacket. May feels horrible.

"I'm sorry." Peter says, sniffing. He hates causing people trouble like this.

They all end up sittig on the floor with Peter. Making light chatter between them as they wait for midnight.

At midnight hell breaks loose. Pepper scrambles around the apartment, but finds nothing that could help.

It's a loud couple of minutes, to say the least. And Tony takes a mental note to make something for Peter for next year.

When it finally calms down Peter is almost on Tony's lap. Not that anyone comments on it.

Peter falls asleep on the couch in the next 20 minutes. And maybe he sleeps there the whole night.

Sorry it's short. I just wanted to get it done with before New Years.

You can't tell me that Peter won't react somewhat like this then I think fireworks are super loud.

Also, you can't tell me that Peter isn't a Vine and meme queen.

Thanks and goodnight

It's not even 7pm yet, smhhhh