Chapter One

Harriet Stella Potter, daughter of Lily and James Potter, was anything but normal. Being raised by muggle relatives that despise her and dealing with constant near death experiences at school, you could say the girl was pretty traumatized. Now with her Godfather murdered, whom she had only just gotten know, she was a mess.

Hidden away in her godfathers childhood 'home', Harriet couldn't do anything but cry. Her hands clasping onto the Black Family Grimoire, as she looked over her beloved godfathers neat script.

Hot tears pooled on the old book, before the young girl finally looked up at the ceiling in despair. Exhaustion creeping up on her from the hours of crying she had endured. Her arms curled themselves around the book as she let sleep overtake her with only a few words on her mind.

'Please let me save him.'

+++

When she finally came to, Harriet was not expecting to see four unfamiliar faces, with four unfamiliar wands shoved in her face. The owners holding the wands were that of a middle-aged couple, a young wizard, and a young witch both looking around her age.

"State your name, your business, and what year you are from time traveler." The older man stated sternly a suspicious glint in his eye, as his wand jabbed closer to her face.

"I-" Harriet began, a frown on her face. What business she had? Shouldn't she be asking what their business was? They were trespassing in her godfathers house! "I don't know what you mean-wait." Her eyes widened as she took in his last few words. "Did you just say time traveler?" she responded as she finally took in the differences in the family library here rather than the one she was in the night before.

Some books were missing, or rather hadn't been placed their yet, while there also seemed to be less bookshelves than in her time. The old dusty furniture she was used to, now looked brand new, while the raggedy rug that had lain upon the floor looked pristine and brand new. Maybe she had traveled back in time, but she just didn't seem to know how.

The woman seemed to notice her rising panic, as she quickly swatted at the man beside her with a glare. "Arcturus Black you leave the poor girl alone, she's probably just as confused as you are." the woman told the man-or rather Arcturus sternly. "He did say time traveler dear, we know you are not from our time. Could you please tell us what year you are from?" she asked her softly.

Harriet blinked as she took in the information, she knew the name Arcturus from the Black Family tree. If she was correct, then this man happened to be Sirius' grandfather, the woman being Melania, while the teenagers were most likely Orion and Lucretia. "I-I'm from the year 1996, it was July 1996 when I went to sleep holding onto the Grimoire.." she found herself trailing off, as she locked eyes with Orion Black.

The young wizard seemed to frown as he took in the information she just gave, while she took in his features.

"It seems as if you've traveled all the way back to 1941 dear." The woman who was definitely Melania Black told her sympathetically.

Arcturus however, was not as sympathizing as his wife. "What is your name, girl?" he questioned her, his eyes narrowed as he kept his wand drawn on her, while his wife and children had already lowered their own.

Harriet sighed as she met his gaze. "Harriet Potter." she told him as her nose wrinkled at the ridiculous name her parents had given her.

Arcturus' gaze seemed to turn to one of a confused nature as he stared at her. "What is your pureblood name? That name is one given to muggles not purebloods." the man told her matter of factly, causing her to sigh remembering that Sirius said they were blood purists.