Lose You

Hey! He's being an ass again. He commented on my tiny hands (which aren't even that small btw) and used the word flirtatious to describe himself.

Kill me.

So excited for thursday! Phazel on DanandPhilgames! And spooky week! And the baking video! WOOOOOO!

Enjoy!

(y/n)'s POV

I sat, cradling my legs into my chest. I was rocking back and forth on the couch, my eyes wide and focused on the wall, or shadow of the wall rather. A crash of lightning flashed and I flinched, letting out an involuntary whimper. I usually didn't mind storms, but thunder waking me up after a horrifying nightmare was not really up my alley. Dan and Phil suggesting to watch horror didn't help either. My breath was shaky, my eyes darting around at the dancing shadows before me. I shivered and moved closer to the two figures beside me. The thunder clapped and I squealed. One boy let out a sharp breath as he work up, startled. I froze and the figure sat up.

"Phil?" I didn't say anything.

"(y/n)?"

I let out a steady breath and the figure shifted.

"What's wrong?" My face changed to a quizzical look. How had he known? Thunder boomed and lightning flashed, illuminating his face. He looked ghastly in the lighting and I jumped again. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and lay me down. Dan's breath was warm on my neck and he let out a yawn sending me into chills.

"Nightmare?" Dan murmured. I could feel his chin rest on my head, nuzzling me into his chest. His heart beat was steady and soft. I nodded and he sighed, pulling me closer.

"It wasn't real. Only your imagination." Dan whispered, tangling his legs between mine. I felt so comfortable I could sense sleep approaching. I suddenly realized what was happening and my heart rate quickened, sending me into a sense of panic. His arms were so tight around me. He was so close. I was suffocating. I can't like him. Friends. I was shaking now.

"(y/n)?" His arms retreated and he sat me up. I was shaking violently now, my breath short and I curled into a ball. I want to disappear. This feeling. I can't shake it.

"(y/n), please."

His voice cut the thickening air. Only allowing it to surround me even faster. Thicker.

It's hard to breathe.

"(y/n)?!" Dan called out. I was causing a panic on both ends. Hot tears spilled down my cheeks, my entire body convulsing heavily. My muscles clenched. Burning.

"(y/n), please. Listen to me. Breathe. Come back. You're not alone. I promise." Dan voice was full of soft murmurs as he wrapped his body around my shell of one. I stopped shaking suddenly and Dan retreated, looking at me. He clicked on the light and my pupils dilated quickly, causing me to squint. Phil still remained motionless.

"(y/n). Please talk to me." Dan whispered. My breathing was still shaky and I could still feel the fire tears leaving red splotches all down my face. I looked at him for a moment, eyes locked and Dan wiped a tear away. Like that did anything. I threw myself at him suddenly, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his torso. He had been kneeling in front of me and he reeled back in surprise.

"I can't lose you." I mumbled, warm tears staining his t shirt. His arms gently touched my back, eventually squeezing me back.

"I can't lose you either." 

I let go and climbed back onto the couch.

"I-I'm sorry I-I scared y-you." I spluttered.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. I care about you. You are my main priority right now." He reassured me. I nodded, feeling a wave of guilt wave over me. I hate the attention.

"Was it the dream?"

"Yes, you--you were...gone." I confessed, feeling a wall of tears press against my eyelids.

"I'm not gone, I'm right here and I always will be." Dan said, hugging me again.

"I love you." I said, returning the hug. Dan flashed an odd face I couldn't catch.

"I love you too." He said, hesitantly. I pressed a kiss on his cheek and buried my face in his neck. He took a deep breath.

"Thank you."

"You're...welcome."

She was the only one.

She was it.

I love her.

(y/n)

Wowie guys! Sorry it was on the short side!

I have tons of homework and I wanted to end this chapter here instead of a random little continuation after that I could easily include in the next chapter.

Anyway...stay awesome!

~Calymari