Chapter 3: Meeting the Autobots and other Humans

Normal POV:

At the base in Jasper, Nevada:

"You can't be serious Optimus. You're bringing another human to our base? Isn't having four humans here enough?" asked the autobots' medical officer Ratchet with a very annoyed look on his face. "I understand that you don't like the idea Ratchet. However, if Megatron does find her again, Emily's life will be in complete jeopardy. That is why I'll be bringing her here to stay with us so that way she'll feel safe and well protected," said Optimus. "Hmmm, you do have a very good point there Optimus. You have a very good point," said Ratchet. "Wait. You mentioned that she had a horse and a dog. Optimus, we have a room for her and the dog to be in but we have no place for the horse to stay at," said Arcee. "Don't worry about that guys. We can build one for her horse," said a young African-American boy named Jeremy Fowler who was a cowboy and the son of Agent Fowler. "Oh yeah. Totally," said Jack. "Definitely," said Rafael. "Uh no. There's no way that I'm breaking a nail," said Miko. Jeremy moaned and the boys rolled their eyes. "Come on Miko. You enjoyed making a place for my horse Ginger when we had to move here to the base to stay safe from those decepticreeps. Besides, she likes you," said Jeremy. Miko sighed and said,"Ok. I'll help." "Alright. Team builders, let's go," said Jeremy. "Yessir," said Jack, Raf and Miko in unison and they all went outside of the base to work on the new stall for Emily's horse Speedy. Then the autobot Smokescreen entered the base in his vehicle form and then transformed into his regular mode and looked down to see Jeremy, Miko, Jack and Raf bringing out everything that they needed to build the new stall for Speedy. "Hey guys, what's going on?" Smokescreen asked them. Jeremy turned around and looked up at his guardian and said,"You didn't hear Smokescreen? A human girl will be living here at the base permanently with you, Optimus and the other autobots." "Awesome. What's her name?" asked Smokescreen. "Her name is Emily," said Jack. "She was originally from Elk Grove, California," said Raf. "But she moved all the way out here to Jasper with her dog named Shakespeare and her horse named Speedy," said Miko. "Wait a minute. Does Speedy think that he's faster than me? Oh frag no," said Smokescreen. "No Smokey. He's not a Thoroughbred. He's an Arabian horse and she uses him for pleasure riding only not racing," said Jeremy. "Oh. What's pleasure riding?" asked Smokescreen. "Horseback riding," said Jeremy. "Oh," said Smokescreen. Then he looked around and said,"Where is Optimus anyway?" "He went to go get Emily, Shakespeare and Speedy and bring them back here," said Miko.

At the ranch (Emily's POV):

"Whoa Speedy. Whoa boy. Atta boy. Good boy," I said as I gave Speedy a pat on the neck. We just did some reigning in the arena and we still got it after taking a two year break from it. He and I were one of the best reigning horse and rider combinations in the USA and won many ribbons and trophies. However, during one reigning competition, Speedy injured his left leg and we never competed again. Hopefully we will someday. I took off Speedy's tack, gave him a bath, groomed him and turned him out to the pasture so he could frolic around and graze on the delicious green grass. Then I heard a truck's horn and turned around to see Optimus in his vehicle mode and I smiled and walked towards him. "Hiya Optimus," I said joyfully. He then transformed and knelt down to my eye level and smiled. "Hello Emily. It's good to see you again," said Optimus. "You as well Optimus. What's up?" I said. "Emily, I need you to come with me. I'll be taking you to the autobot base here in Jasper to live with us and to be safe from Megatron's grasp," said Optimus. I stared at him for a moment and then looked at Shakespeare and Speedy who were playing with each other and said,"What about them Optimus? I can't just leave them here alone with no one to take care of them." "They'll be living with us as well. We also have a housing unit for Speedy," said Optimus. "You mean a stall," I replied, correcting him. "Yes. That's what I meant," he said. "Alright. Just let me pack all of my things and then we'll get going," I told him and he nodded his helm and smiled. "Do you need some assistance with packing everything?" Optimus asked me. I smiled and said,"That would be nice. Thanks." Then I frowned and asked him,"But you're a big bot. How are you going to get inside my house without damaging it?" He smiled and said,"Watch this," and then he transformed into his vehicle mode. "Uh ok but-" "Wait. There's more," said Optimus (you see what I did there? Lol). Then the door opened and a man, probably in his late 20s, early 30s, came out of the red and blue semi truck. He had red hair, a red and blue hoodie, blue jeans and red tennis shoes and was about six foot ten inches tall. "O-Optimus?" I asked the tall man while looking up at him. "Yes. It's me Emily," he said and I smiled at him. "Wow. You look different. It's a good different. How'd you do that?" I asked him. He chuckled and said,"First of all, thank you. Second of all, we cybertronians call them holoforms. We use them so that way we could blend in with the other human beings on this planet." "Oh I see. Impressive Optimus. So you ready to help me pack everything?" I asked him. Optimus smiled, nodded his head and said,"Let's get to it," and we went straight to work. It took us a few hours to get it done but we were finally done packing and loaded everything that I needed for Speedy onto the trailer and I put all of my suitcases in the back of Optimus's truck. "Phew. Thanks Optimus," I said with a small smile on my face. "Anytime Emily. You ready to go?" said Optimus. I smiled and said,"Ready," and then he started up his engine and then we drove off to his base in Jasper.