Chapter 0

He stepped into the school, thinking, "I'm gonna as great as them! I'm gonna graduate and show the world that even a ordinary and talentless person like me can graduate! And I'm gonna make tons of friends in the school! Those people who bullied me, I'm gonna show them that I, Makoto Naegi, can do it!"

Oh, how wrong he was.

That would only happen in his dreams.

He didn't know at that point of time.

He skipped into the school, giggling like a bright child.

"Yo! My name's Kuwata Leon, nice to meet ya all! I'm the Super High School Level baseball player," an enthusiastic voice called out.

"I'm Aoi Asahina! You can call me Hina! I'm the SHSL swimmer!"

The rest started introducing themselves.
A heir, literary girl, programmer, gambler, ect.

"What about you?" they questioned him.

"My... my name is Makoto Naegi. My SHSL is umm... Luck. It isn't a very great thing to be proud of, but nice to meet you." Naegi introduced himself with his head bowed.

He heard a stifled laughter. He didn't dare look up. He could feel all eyes on him, crawling on him, staring at him with looks of disgust.

They're laughing at me... he thought. Why are they laughing at me. Do they hate me? Do they think I'm a joke? Will I be subjected to bullying again?

Will nothing change?

It was the first day. The first. Yet he could feel it. His school life here was already lost. Over.

Gritting his teeth in shame, he tried to ignore all the condemning gazes. He tried to contain his fear, his sadness, his disappointment; which at that point were trying to pry him open and spill out.

What did he ever do wrong? He hadn't even seen these people for more than an hour, yet he already felt as if he didn't belong.

It was all going to be the same thing. He could feel a voice deep within him beckoning.

You're going to experience the hell-- that is other people.

---------------------------

Enjoy this dosage of DR Ever-So-Lovable Makoto Naegi!

~ started on 18 October 2017