Chapter 1

I hope they'll treat me like their friend.

That was Naegi's only wish. It was simple, yes. But it was a wish he had longed for since young. It was his one and only wish. But no matter how hard he prayed, how earnestly he wished for it to happen, it would never happen.

Instead, the opposite would happen. Curious isn't it? For someone that was supposed to have a lot of luck.

It was their first lesson.

Naegi sat at his desk, listening attentively to the teacher teaching Math. Once in a while, he would scribble some notes down.

"I would need you to split into groups of 4. One group would need have 5 though." the teacher voice echoed in the classroom.

Naegi's head snapped up. His hand trembled, almost dropping the pen that was loosely hanging on his finger. He hadn't made any friends yet.

Everyone naturally flocked to their cliques, as Naegi awkwardly stood at his place, eyes glued to the table.

Naegi shuffled his feet awkwardly to Maizono.

"Hey Sayaka-san, can I join your group?" Naegi asked Maizono. "Since you only have 3 peop-"

"I'm sorry, our group is full!" Maizono cut Naegi off. Then she pulled Kirigiri over to her.

"See?"

Kirigiri stared at Maizono for a moment before nodding in agreement.

Naegi gazed at her, dumbfounded. His blood boiled with anger.

How could they do this?!

He really wanted to pick the nearest thing to him and throw it at her, for blatantly marginalising him.

He looked around the room, to see that he was the only one standing alone in the room.

He was left out, once again.

The teacher had to put him, the extra, in a random group.

The group consisted of Junko, Mukuro, Celeste and Hifumi.

Celeste and Hifumi stared at him as he was a pest.

He was, to a certain extent.

Mukuro had a stone face, so no one could tell what she was thinking. Junko couldn't be bothered to care.

The teacher had asked each group to send out a representative to answer a set of Math questions.

Naegi blinked continuously as he stared at the trigonometric equation on the board.

He didn't even know how to start. His results were pretty average in the highschool he was in, but the question on the board was well out of his current reach.

"We'll play Rock Paper Scissors to decide who goes up." Junko casually said.

Everyone nodded to spare the trouble of debate.

Naegi's lips curled slightly. He was, after all, the ultimate luck.

"Rock, paper, scissors!"

Eh?! Naegi stared at the ridiculous scene in front of him. He played paper, and everyone else played scissors. He lost in one game. His mouth was gaping wide open, which garnered a snicker from his 'group members'.

"C-can we go again?" Naegi requested.

Celeste glanced at Junko and Mukuro. Seeing that they didn't care, Celeste turned her eyes back to him. Scanning him from head to toe, the corners of Celeste's mouth raised.