Chapter 4 & Epilogue

---

Naegi yelp as he gripped his head in pain.

"W-what do you m-mean by "the answer", why did you call me "Mako-chi"? Wha-what is the truth?" Naegi stuttered with his teeth clenched tightly.

Junko scoffed, "just see the answer for yourself." She snapped her fingers.

"AAHHHHHH!!!!" Naegi's knees dropped onto the floor. He gripped his hair tightly as if he was going to rip it out. He screeched in pain as tears welled up in his eyes.

"Is it really that painful, Mako-chi?" Junko said as if she was pitying him.

Everyone watched the scene in horror, not knowing what to say. Their mouths were gaping wide and their eyes were bulging like a goldfish's. Their bewildered faces make Junko snicker.

Despair despair despair despair despair despair despair despair despair despair despair.

Naegi's body seemed to relax. He stopped screaming.

"Oh, finally stopped screaming like a little bitch?" Junko said.

"Oh, of course, Junko-sama." Naegi grinned. He stood up, pushing his hair to the back with his hands.

He looked around the room, meeting faces that were as white as snow. The survivors' pupils were trembling furiously.

"Hahahaha! What, did you see a ghost of some sort?" Naegi chuckled lightly.

The corners of his lips curled, and his eyes seemed to grow a tint of red.

"Makoto-san, I never thought you would betray us! You were supposed to be the ultimate hope!" Kirigiri cried out.

Her fists were clenched tightly, and the shape of her knuckles could be seen through her thick gloves.

"Betray you? Don't make me laugh! I was never on your side in the first place!" Naegi stepped out and walked towards Junko.

Standing behind Junko's chair, he continued, "I was always on Junko-sama's side. You people treated me like trash! Why in the world would I be on your side! The silly me who had lost his memory was dumb enough to believe and give hope to all of you!"

They were all struck speechless. Riddled with confusion and bewilderment, they could only feel despair gnawing at their hearts

They knew that they were heavily dependent on Naegi. Their only source of hope was now revealed to be one of the ultimate despair. How could they not sink deeper into despair?

"Upupupupu!" Monokuma laughed, "now that everyone is done talking, it's time for punishment! As all of you have failed to guess who the darkened was, all of you except for the darkened will be~~ EXECUTED!! Upupupupu!" Monokuma slammed down the red button.

Asahina and Hagakure were both chased by giant donuts and fortune balls respectively. They ran desperately, hoping to survive. Beads of perspiration were dripping down their chins, and their faces were turning red. However, their efforts were to no avail as sickening cracks sounded from the execution room.

Byakuya was held down by puppets on a land full of dirt. A puppet entered, carrying a sack of money. It stuffed Byakuya's face with the money he loved so much. He shook his head and struggled as notes were shoved down his throat. With a tear-stained face, he spluttered out unintelligible noises that dripped with anger. Slowly and painfully, he suffocated to death.

Toka was in a library reading, when the book she was holding suddenly turned gigantic. The book swallowed her up and slammed itself shut. Blood spurted in all directions and flowed, even as the book lay dormant on the table. Toka's hand could be seen reaching out before the book swallowed her full.

Genocide Jack was tied up on a wall. With silver scissors as big as her body, the puppet snapped at her arms, then her legs, then finally, her tongue. Blood gushed out ferociously, staining the limp body crimson red.

Kirigiri was on an empty field with a knife in her hand, when puppets started walking slowly to her. Instinctively, she took a few steps back. A puppet dashed towards her at speeds she didn't expect. Caught off guard, she held the knife up, which plunged into the stomach of the marionette.

The body went limp. Its head twitched in pulses as it slowly turned, more than any human head could, to reveal Chihiro's bloodstained face. "How... could you kill me again?" The voice sounded exactly like his.

Surprised, Kirigiri let go of the knife and stumbled onto the ground. When she looked around, she realised that all the puppets wore each and every one of her deceased classmate's faces.

Like a lion pack, they pounced on her, choking, scratching, and tearing at her limbs. She struggled, trying to pry them off. However, she soon gave up and succumbed to her fate.

On her last breath, she could vaguely see Naegi's standing beside her body. Before losing her consciousness, she heard these few words: "Don't forget, you tried to get me executed."

Those words burned as much as the wounds did.

Naegi and Junko walked out of the building. In the outside world, the remnants of despair were running rampant and causing massive destruction.

"Good job Naegi, you did great this time." Junko praised.

Naegi plastered a smile.

I should be happy, Junko-sama just praised me, and I got revenge on everyone that hurt me. So why? Why am I feeling a little regretful?

Naegi shook his head.

It's too late to regret or feel sad.

Naegi followed Junko as she stepped into the raging world.

After all, I've already reached a point of no return.

------------------------------------------

*Gleefully jumps on bed and rolls around.* If I missed anyone in the execution please comment!

I'm finally done with this book! If you could even call it a book, that is.

I originally thought of using Naegi's (failed)execution on Kirigiri, but it didn't feel quite as appropriate, so I just thought of a random one ;^;

[I changed her execution again (in 2021) and now it's lengthier~]

Thank you for reading Point of No Return, and I hope you have enjoyed this incredibly short story I have created!

Thank you to everyone who stayed and waited for the book to update, and thank you to those who encouraged me to do so!

(๑>ڡ<)☆
Don't forget to vote and comment!

~Completed as of 9th July 2018