Dumped

"I'm breaking up with you."

I can't believe it, no one has ever hurt me so quickly and as painful as this. It was only yesterday he told me that we'll be together, forever. I guess that's never going to happen. A dream that will never become a reality. 

He called up yesterday and told me to be ready for him by twelve, he was going to take me to the pier. I was so excited. You see, he lived a few hours away from me and we only get to see each other once a week, taking turns with whose house we'll be staying at that weekend. This week was special, he was coming down for 2 days that week. I got my outfit ready, his favourite dress and my favourite shoes, for the next day.

This morning I got myself dressed and ready and waited by the door for him to arrive. He showed up on time and off we went, to my favourite bench on the pier. The conversation was pleasant at first, but then he hit me with it, the one thing I never saw coming. I sat there, trying to register what he just said. He just dumped me? But why? I don't recall doing anything wrong. What did I do wrong? Tears started rolling down my face. I look at him one last time, in person, studying his face and the way he held himself. I love him so much, I don't understand why he would hurt me like that. This doesn't make sense. I get up from the bench we were sitting on, which use to be my favourite place to sit, and walked myself back home.

Crying, I pull the covers over me as I lay in bed at two in the afternoon, wishing my life was over. Nothing is ever going to heal my broken heart, not after he crushed it into a million pieces. In the whole year and two months of being together I loved him inside and out, and I still love him, I just don't see what drove him to dump me like that. He chose the one place I used to calm down, and now he ruined it. 

I gave him everything, and he took it away from me. With him I felt pretty, confident and more alive than I ever felt before, but now I just feel worthless, wasted and unwanted. If I could change one thing, it would be the first time we met, I would have chosen to miss it. I would have chosen not to kiss him and fall head over heals in love. I would have waited for the right man to come along.

Somewhere out there, the one for me is looking for his other half, hoping he will cross paths with her in his lifetime. I can't promise to be strong and accept what just happened, but I will hope that one day I will find my happy ending.