After Math

(Ruby's P.O.V.)

"I'm fine Belle, honest." I breathily laugh through the phone to Belle.

"Okay! You know I panic and you're by yourself! Which doesn't help." She panics.

"Calm down! Michael dropped me off here he's just left."

"That's not the only reason why I'm panicking."

"Then what else is there?"

"You've changed, remember? Are there fans around?" She emphasizes 'changed'.

"There was barely any and I was fine. No one will notice. Probably only security, but it'll be nothing major they'll just see my eyes a different colour to my passport photo so please stop panicking."

"Okay, I'll let you catch your plane now. Please call me when you land."

"Obviously I will Belle! I'll talk later, bye."

"Bye."

I need to do this. I've been wanting this my whole life. Maybe Melbourne might be good for me, even if it's for a couple of weeks. But the hardest part is Indie. The past will haunt me and I'm going to have to brave it without taking it out on myself.

The ride to the airport was strange. Everytime I mention her name or Melbourne around Michael he turns quiet and a worrying look washes over his face. I left him with a kiss. A quick, meaningful peck on the lips just to reassure him I'll be back soon. As my lips left his, I swear I could see a glimmer of a different colour trying to burn through the purple in his eyes. Almost a maroon colour. I'm unsure of what that colour means, but his eyes weren't full with the colour. But it was the way his face contorted when I left him in the car.

(Michael's P.O.V.)

 She left me with a kiss. Nothing more, nothing less. It was nothing compared to the first kiss we shared. It was quick. Like there was some sort of gravitational pull on her; Melbourne. I know she has to do this, but I just wish I could go with her. I never told her about the immortals because I didn't want to scare her and stop her from achieving her dream. Although, a little warning could've helped. I laugh. Oh yeah Ruby, be careful there are savage immortals there don't worry though! I'm sure they wont hurt you. I think. I'm so fucking stupid. She looked at my face and I could hear a small gasp leave her lips. At that moment, I take a quick glance in the mirror. I then realised why she reacted that way. My mum told me at some point my eyes will change colour, but I didn't expect so soon. A little glint of a deep shade of red tried to seep through the purple creating a maroon colour. After taking a quick glance, I look back at Ruby who just smiled and said 'bye'. I hope I didn't scare her away.

I remain stationary in my car in the parking lot outside the airport. In direct view of Ruby wandering around the place while on the phone looking confused. I chuckle at the sight. So clumsy. I decided to look back into the mirror again and see that the colour has changed back to my original colour. No, not purple, green. I take a closer look and then they transform to grey. What? I think. I look over at the airport and see that Ruby has disappeared. I keep exchanging glances from the airport to the rear view mirror and I think I figured out why my eyes changed to the piercing pale grey. Emptiness. She's gone. Not for good, well, she could be. I won't even know what will happen in Melbourne, but I hope that those scavenging things won't get her and change her for good. It feels like she's already disappearing right in front of me right now. Like how sand falls through the gaps in your fingers when you cup it. That's what it felt like to hold her face for what could be the last time sat in the car. Ruby's so clueless of what unfortunate events could happen. Come on Michael, it's two weeks!

Honking of cars behind me interrupt my thoughts and the blinking of car lights. I forgot that I didn't actually park, I dropped Ruby off right outside the airport door. I shake my head and feel a tear slither it's way down my flushed cheek. I wipe it away with the sleeve of my hoodie covering my hand then slam it down on the wheel. My head follows also falling to the wheel. I let out a scream from my frustration. Why do I find it so hard to let her go? There is a tap at my blacked out window and I roll it down to be face with a red-faced, angry man.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?! Can't you see there's a queue?!" He screams at me waving his hand all over the place.

I slam my foot down on the accelerator and speed off. Still letting out small sobs. You're a fucking wimp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry this took really long and I'm sorry it's really short. Not much happens in this part so that's why it took long to write. Thanks for being patient and keep commenting and voting!