Chapter Ten

We walked out to the living room to see that the group left without us. “Do you want to grab some food?” Harry asked starting to walk into the kitchen; I shrugged my shoulders and sat down on the couch as he came back with a bag of chips. “Come on,” He said stretching out his hand for me to take. I linked my fingers through his as he swung his arm around me. “I love you, beautiful.” He said kissing the top of my head. I blushed and looked at the floor.

We walked until we got over a sand dune and saw the group near the water’s edge. “I wonder why there not in the water yet?” Harry said looking at them; I saw that the girl’s hair was sticking to their backs, “Wait. They have gone into the water.” We made our way down the hill and towards the group. As we got closer and closer I saw that Amber was covering her mouth with her hand, Freya was crying into Liam’s shoulder, Rayne was standing in utter shock and Jessica had fainted. “What’s going on?” I said as Harry and I entered into the circle. I immediately wish I didn’t. I squealed and backed into Harry and clamped my hand around my mouth. Lying on the floor was a very pale blue Niall and Louis was doing CPR.

AMBER’S POV

I wadded out into the water. It was cold and the salt stung my eyes. “Hey wait up you.” I heard Louis say from behind me I giggled and waded out further into the water so I was standing on my tippy toes. I stopped and let my hands rest on top, I could hear the other girls crashing around in the water with the other boys and I could see that the moon was almost at its full moon. Louis wrapped his arms around me from behind and put his head on my shoulder. I knew it must have been hard for him. Seeing as I’m like a head shorter than him. “Why does she think she’s fat?” he said his voice trailing in the cool summer air. I sighed, “I don’t know Louis. She’s never had a guy in her life like she now has Harry and she’s always struggled with her ‘weight issue’” I held my fingers up and made the quotation marks, “I guess she’s worried about losing him because she’s too ‘fat’.”  I leant back into him feeling his abs on my back and his warmth surround me. “But she’s not fat. Why does she think she’s fat?” I shook my head, “Because look at me then look at her. I’m skinnier than her so she must feel like a giant next to me even though I tell her that she has the body I want. Sometimes I could kill Clarissa.” Louis chuckled, and then went back to being serious. “Why is she so insecure then?” I let out a breath in frustration, “Why do we have to talk about Clarissa? I mean why can’t we talk about something else?” I pulled myself out of his circle and turned to face him, he looked slightly hurt. “I mean I get that you’re her friend and you’re worried about her but can we talk about something else? Like us?” Louis looked at the water and then looked back up at me, “I just don’t want her to do anything to herself. You know?” I know exactly what you mean…I use to do it to myself. I thought to myself, I didn’t want to tell him but I nodded my head instead. “She’s just so fragile and quiet and—” “Think of any other things about her it sounds like you should be her boyfriend instead of mine.” I cut him off; I was getting really sick and tired of him talking about her like that. It’s as if he likes her…He looked worried.

“Amber, I don’t like her like that. She’s like a little sister to me. You’re my girlfriend. You know that.” He wadded his way over to me and stood in front of me. “THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS!” He screamed throwing his hands up in the air spraying water everywhere. I giggled and threw my arms around his neck. “Well that’s good to hear.” I kissed him lightly on the lips as his hands went around my waist. He pulled away and gave me a look before suddenly diving under the water. “Louis what are you doing?” I giggled as I tried to search for him in the murky sea water. I couldn’t see him. I felt something brush past my legs and immediately freaked out. I screamed and ran over to the others. “Whoa. I don’t think I’ve seen you move that quickly through the water Amber.” Joked Freya who was on Liam’s shoulder’s trying to tip Jessica off Zayn’s shoulders; I put my hands on my knees to catch my breath. I looked over to see that Rayne and Niall were off swimming together and laughing. “Something touched my legs.” I told them; Liam looked at me and laughed, “What’s so funny?” I said placing my hands on my hips. Zayn shook his head and tried to shake Jessica off him causing her to go into a fit of squeals and giggles. “It was probably Lou.” Liam said walking over to me, “Yeah. Remember when we were at the beach and I swam up under Clarissa and I had seaweed in my hands? She wouldn’t come back into the water for an hour.” Freya laughed so hard she nearly fell off Liam’s shoulders. “Whoa careful there.” He said grabbing her legs, she laughed, and nearly fell off again. “So it was Lou?” I asked and Liam nodded his head before Freya managed to fall off dragging Liam down into the water. I was splashed with water and immediately drenched. “Thanks Freya.” I said whipping my eyes. She giggled from the water. I turned around to try and find Louis. “Hey who are you looking for?” I heard an Irish voice say from beside me, I turned my head to see Niall and Rayne had joined me. “Louis. He scared me before I came up here so I want to find him now.” Rayne hugged me from the side. “It’s been ages since I’ve seen you.” She said, I patted her arm and kept looking. “Is that him there?” Said Niall pointing out to the left of us.

There was a small cliff where people usually jump off. I could just make out a silhouette before they jumped off screaming, “KEVIN LOOK AT ME!!!” we all laughed our heads off, “Yep. That’s defiantly Louis.” Giggled Rayne, “Come on, we’ll go join him.” Said Liam grabbing Freya’s hand and running up the beach. She looked back at us with her mouth wide open as if to say “OMG! He’s touching my hand!” I looked Rayne and Jessica and we all cracked up laughing. Zayn and Niall looked at us funny.