Chapter 10

Loki watched in silence while Cyclops dragged Scorpio up from the dungeons, he had already been beaten multiple times but his allegiance still wouldn’t change. This time he made a golden whip appear and swung it so it wrapped around Scorpio’s throat. Scorpio made a choking noise and Loki yanked him to the ground.

          “You made the wrong choice too many times, now you’re paying the price.” Loki laughed.

          “Please… stop…” Scorpio begged. “Just… kill…me.”

          “But that would end your suffering. First why don’t you watch another one of your friends die?”

          Havok came into the room dragging Francis and Julia, they were covered in cuts and burn marks, apparently they had been beaten too, not as much as he was, but still a lot. Scorpio glared at the man he had called his father and tried again to remove the whip from his throat but the more he pulled the tighter it got. Loki smirked and walked over to the siblings, Havok backed away and let Loki push them to the ground. Francis stayed in front of his sister protectively but Loki just laughed.

          “How pathetic, you think you can protect her when you can’t even protect yourself.”

          “Leave them alone!” Scorpio shouted after he managed to get the whip off.

          “How about I don’t and you just sit back and watch them die?” Loki used his magic to pin Scorpio to the wall so he couldn’t attack but could watch as they died.

          Loki kicked Francis out of the way and grabbed Julia by the throat, she struggles and scratched at his hand but he only smirked and threw her against the wall. There was a loud crack as her arm broke and Scorpio and Francis screamed as the bone went through her skin, Loki kicked her into the wall and her ribs broke, puncturing her lungs. Julia cried out in pain but it ended in a gurgling sound as blood started to flood her lungs.

          “Stop!” Francis ran at Loki but he just backhanded him out of the way.

          Finally to Scorpio’s relief Julia died before Loki could hurt her any more. Havok glanced at his brother and nodded his head once before backing out of the room to find Thor.

          “What is taking so long? Loki is killing them!” Havok whisper-yelled.

          “I can’t find my hammer and it won’t come at my command.” Thor told him.

          “It’s in the weapons vault, the password is ‘King’ get it and hurry.”

          Thor put in the code and went into the weapons vault. He came back out with his hammer and Havok started to lead him back to the throne room, Thor threw his hammer and the next thing Havok knew, he was pinned face down to the floor.

          “How do I know this is not a trick?” He demanded.

          “Would I let you have a weapon?” Havok replied. “I don’t like listening to Loki he’s cruel. The only reason I do is because I can’t let him kill my brother Cyclops.”

          “Then why revolt now?”

          “Cyclops made a deal, the next time a strong force rebelled we would join them. Since Scorpio came back with you we thought we’d have a chance to take Loki down.”

          Satisfied, Thor summoned his hammer back to his hand. Havok got up and limped slightly towards the throne room, he held up a hand to keep Thor back and saw Loki was now fighting Cyclops and Scorpio while Francis lay by the wall with blood coming out of a cut on his head, Wolverine was running in from a different hallway with Mystique.

          “Hurry, get Francis out of here. Cyclops and I can handle the others.” Havok commanded.

          Thor sent out a bolt of lightning and made Loki fly across the room, he ran out and picked up Francis before running out the other way. Havok hit Mystique with an energy blast but Wolverine dodged the attack and made his claws come out. They would’ve embedded themselves through Havoks chest but Cyclops pushed him away and took the hit.

          “No!” Havok yelled. He glared at Wolverine who just stood up calmly and turned to attack him. “I’m going to rip off your freaking head!”

          “We need to go! Get back!” Scorpio shouted.

          Loki shot at them with his staff but Scorpio deflected it, it backfire and hit Loki who stumbled. Thor ran back and threw his hammer at Loki’s head; Loki went through the wall and lay still. Havok backed away from Wolverine but hit him with another energy blast before turning and running after the others. Now instead of having six to fight Loki they were left with four, and if Loki chose to use his secret weapon, Leech; against them Thor would be the only one with powers to fight.