Chapter 11

“At least tell me we have a plan.” Havok said as Thor paced around.

          “I am thinking.” He replied.

          “I didn’t think you could think.”

          “Do you want to help or not?”

          “I can’t, we don’t have a plan blonde.”

          “Yes we do.” Scorpio interrupted as he came into the room. “We just attack him head on.”

          “That’s crazy, Loki has an army behind him.” Havok argued.

          “Then you come up with a plan.”

          Francis watched as they argued, he hadn’t spoken since he had witnessed his sister die. That was when he knew he had finally failed his parents, when his last family member he had was stolen from him. He glanced up at the others and determination returned to his gaze.

          “I say we go with Scorpio’s plan.” He spoke up. “Loki won’t be expecting it.”

          “Finally some support!” Scorpio exclaimed.

          “We must attack now before Loki can find us again.” Thor agreed.

          They grabbed some spare weapons from their hideout and went to fight. On their way to the castle they met guards, Thor used his hammer to take care of them quickly and they continued on their way. Once they were inside Havok and Scorpio took the lead, they found the throne room empty and continued to search for Loki, instead they found Wolverine and Mystique.

          “Who let you in?” Wolverine growled.

          “I was wondering the same thing. I thought animals weren’t allowed inside.” Scorpio retorted.

          “Just for that comment I’m going to kill you even slower!” Wolverine shouted, making his claws come out.

          Havok made Scorpio move out of the way and prepared to attack. “This is my fight back off.”

          More mutants showed up, Pyro and Iceman to be more specific; Scorpio made his staff appear and charged at Pyro while Thor took Iceman. Francis took out his knife and ran at Mystique but she turned into Julia and gave him an innocent look.

          “You wouldn’t watch me die again would you?” She asked. “You can’t kill your own sister.”

          His steps faltered until he stopped moving completely, he knew it wasn’t really Julia that would’ve been impossible, but she looked so much like her. Rage started to fill him when he glared at Mystique, how dare she act like his sister then taunt him about being weak!

          “You’re not the real Julia!” Francis shouted.

          “So be it, you want a real fight I’ll give you one!”

          Mystique turned into Cyclops and sent a laser blast at Francis from her eyes. He fell to the ground holding his face and screaming, Havok sent Wolverine flying into a wall and aimed another energy blast at Mystique. She returned to her normal form and tried to get up but collapsed again before going limp.

          “You… she looked like…” Francis stuttered.

          “Like you said, she wasn’t the real Cyclops… or Julia.” Havok turned away to go after Wolverine.

          Thor threw his hammer at Iceman and there was a crack as some of his ribs broke, Iceman ignored his injuries and sent ice towards his attacker. Thor dodged it and made his hammer hit the back of his head. Scorpio motioned to him with his head and dodged as Pyro aimed flames at him, Thor threw Iceman into the flames and heard him scream before falling to the ground covered in burns.

          “You are all so cowardly. You can’t even fight us without help.” Pyro yelled.

          “That’s why we’ll win.” Scorpio replied and made his scepter go through his chest.

          Wolverine felt Havok’s attack cutting through his throat, he screamed but managed to run at him and stab Havok in the abdomen before the laser energy cut off his head. Havok stopped his attack and glanced down at the wound in his side, blood was soaking through the shirt and his vision went black.

          “We lost Havok!” Francis called out as he ran over to them.

          “We have to go, before guards come.” Scorpio instructed before leading them through a maze of halls.