Chapter two

~~
Jared's POV
~~

I was trying to focus on whatever was going on in my class, but it was simply impossible.

One certain image was stuck in my mind, and it was very much the image of the girl who had stumbled into me just earlier.

I didn't often notice the new students, as I usually concluded with that they were all freshmen that I didn't care about, but this girl was not a freshman.

Margot..

I don't know what got her stuck on my mind. Sure she was pretty but there had to be something more than that.. was it her voice? Her accent? Her eyes?

I have no idea.

"Hey" I whispered to my friend seated next to me, gaining his attention. "Did you see the girl who stumbled into me earlier?"

"Yeah" he whispered back. "How come?"

"Who is she?" I asked, still whispering.

"I don't know" he answered, also still whispering. "But I saw her with Cara Delevingne earlier so im guessing she's a junior"

A new junior called Margot who's hanging out with Cara Delevingne.

That's not a lot of information.

My thoughts were abruptly disturbed by a not so pleasant voice.

"Jared, can you bring us the answer today?" The teacher called out.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, not having paid attention at all.

"Not paying attention are we?" The teacher asked, looking at me and then back to the class. "Leto starting the week off strong with a detention, how nice!"

Well that's just fucking amazing, isn't it?

~~
Margot's POV
~~

After school I said goodbye to Cara and some of her other friends before getting started on the walk home.

The rain was still pouring and all of my surroundings were kinda dark and gloomy, but I felt the best I had felt in a really long time.

I had made it through my first day of school, I had made friends while there and I had not entirely messed things up for myself. That's what I'd call a good start.

Returning home would be an entire different thing though.

I knew my mom wouldn't be home.. she had told me earlier that morning. I also knew that she wouldn't be home until the day after. That would leave me alone with my absolute favorite person in the world.

My dad.

Lucky me.

I entered the house quietly, and my goal was to get to my room and spend the entire evening there on my own, but he called after me the second he heard the door open.

"Margot?"

The tone in his voice was disgusting, and there was absolute no way in hell that he hadn't been drinking.