Number 11 (Part 2)

Draco was very tired. He really had no specific reason to be though, his day was an ordinary day, nothing special. Yet, his eyes were droopy and in his walking he was a constantly stumbling mess. Draco was incredibly thankful when he realized it was time he could head out.

He left the Ministry building slowly (because of his stumbling, tired feet). When he made it out of the building, he immediately apparated away.

Draco opened his eyes from the apparation and found himself on a familiar street, that surprisingly was not his own. He stumbled around the street corner until he found the correct flat. He raised his hand to knock soundly on the door.

The door swung open to reveal not Harry but Luna Lovegood. She ignored the look of confusion that must have been clear on Draco's face and ushered him inside the kitchen.

"Draco," Harry smiled over the swirling pot of food he was cooking when he noticed the Slytherin's presence.

"Harry, I apologize for intruding, I didn't know you had company," Draco spoke with distinctly less confidence than he wanted.

"It's no bother, I'll cook for five then."

"Wait who else is here?" Draco questioned.

"Theo and Nev will be here shortly, Nev had a situation back in the greenhouses right before I left," Harry responded.

Draco shrugged. He then walked over to one of the kitchen cabinets and grabbed a mug from the top shelf and sat it on the counter. Draco proceeded to gather what he needed for his tea and started to prepare himself the drink. While Draco's back was turned, Harry grinned widely at how adorable it was that Draco could maneuver his kitchen. Luna did not miss this look. She raised her eyebrow at Harry to which Harry nodded. Luna was not surprised.

A moment later, the front doorbell chimed and Draco, now shoeless, Harry noticed, sipped his tea as he made his way to open the door. Neville Longbottom and Theodore Nott greeted  him and made their way into Harry's home. Draco noticed the surprised look on the pair's face and he was sure he mirrored it; Draco had not realized just who Theo and Nev were. Sure, he assumed that Nev would have to be Longbottom, but since when were Theo Nott and Neville a thing?

Draco walked back into the kitchen, that was now becoming a cozy kind of crowded, and helped Harry dish out the food. It was some sort of Italian meal that smelled to-die-for. Neville helped Theo out of his coat and vice-versa before the settled at the table. Draco took the seat between Harry and Luna while Neville sat on Harry's other side and Theo between Luna and Neville.

The group ate their meal, which was as delicious as it smelled, in a companionable silence. They were an eclectic group but it went well and Draco could tell Harry was pleased.

A few hours later, Luna bid the group farewell and the alcohol came out. None of them drank very much, he was pretty sure they all just nursed a glass a piece slowly. But the extra buzz it gave Draco boosted his confidence to ask what had been bugging him all night.

"So I'm assuming you two are together: how long?"

Neville smiled and squeezed Theo'd hand saying, "You're correct, Draco, and a little over two years, we are actually in the process of planning a wedding."

Draco gaped at them.

When he finally regained his wits, he said, "Well I believe congratulations are due then," he then stood and patted each on the back heartily.

Harry thought he might burst with affection.

Shortly after the engaged couple left. Draco helped Harry wash the dishes and put them away before settling in the living room on the couch. Harry suggested the watch a muggle film and let Draco pick from his collection. The blond man chose Singin In The Rain, a 1950s classic Harry'd found in his mother's collection when he gained his inheritance. Since receiving it, Harry had watched it countless times and loved it every time. Though it wasn't quite fitting with the rest of his movie taste, it was one of his favorites and he was glad to share it with Draco.

The movie rolled and the men kept scooting closer to each-other until they were leaning on one another and sharing a cozy quilt. The warmth Harry felt seemed an awful lot like falling in love.