Chapter Two: One History Class, I'll Never Forget

"The answer is Romeo." Dolly answered. I watched her, she and Cody were the only two answering the questions about last night's homework. 

"Exactly." Mr. Myers agreed. I played with my gum. 

"Alright, moving on. Kids, today I will be introducing the next project we will be working on." Mr. Myers told us. He showed us a slide show and this slide showed the words, "THE PAPER". 

"The paper?" Dolly asked. 

"Yes. How many of you have older siblings that took this course with me as their teacher?" Mr. Meyers asked. Hands shot up, mine included. 

"Then you have all heard of the infamous paper." he said. The next slide showed requirements. 

"This paper is written by two people, I will assign the groups. You will write the paper together and choose the topic out of my hat. Then present about it. The ultimate group project. I'm excited to see what comes out of this." The next slide showed the teams, I couldn't believe my luck. Dorothy Greg and Benjamin Catheart. I looked over at Dolly. 

"Are you ready partner?" I asked. She gave a weak nod. I already imagined it, her coming over to my house, researching become dating, the study dates, me asking her to be my girlfriend. I am forever in Mr. Myer's debt.  

"Do you want to choose the topic?" Dolly inquired. I shrugged. 

"Is that a yes or a no?" Dolly asked. 

"I don't care." I answered. 

"I'll do it then." she said. I nodded. I had a hard time talking to her. Mr. Myers came around with the hat. 

"Who will you two be researching?" Mr. Myers laughed. Dolly pulled a name out. 

"Han Christian Anderson." Dolly read. Mr. Myers winked at us.

"An amazing writer. He is Danish, like myself. I have Danish ancestry." Mr. Myers told us. 

"That's fascinating." 

"Maybe you should look into Solvang." Mr. Myers said. 

"Solvang?" I asked.

"A town in Southern California. Very strong Danish influence an ancestry." Dolly answered. Mr. Myers nodded. 

"A wonderful town. Maybe you two should go." Mr. Myers walked away and Dolly started packing up. 

"Why are you packing up?" I asked. 

"The bell is going to ring in a moment." she answered.