The Battle for Olympus I

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS OR HEROES OF OLYMPUS. THEY BELONG TO THEIR RIGHTFUL OWNER.

Battle for Olympus I, how I think the battle should've been like, I'm sorry if you think that Luke deserved to be the hero. I personally didn't think so.

ONE

BATTLE FOR OLYMPUS I

The doors of the palace were big enough to steer a cruise ship through, but they'd been ripped off their hinges and smashed like they weighed nothing. We had to climb over a huge pile of broken stone and twisted metal to get inside.

Kronos stood in the middle of the Throne Room, his arms wide, starring at the starry ceiling as if taking it all in. His laughter echoed even louder than it had from the pit of Tartarus.

"Finally!" he bellowed. "The Olympian Council-so proud and mighty. Which seat of power shall I destroy first?"

Ethan Nakamura stood to one side, trying to stay out of his master's scythe. The hearth was almost dead, just a few coals glowing deep in the ashes. Hestia was nowhere to be seen. Neither was Rachel. I hoped she was okay, but I'd seen so much destruction I was afraid to think about it. The Ophiotaurus swam in his water sphere in the far corner of the room, wisely not making a sound, but it wouldn't be much long before Kronos noticed him.

Annabeth, Grover, and I stepped forward into the torchlight. Ethan saw us.

"My lord," he warned.

Kronos turned and smiled through Luke's face. Except for the golden eyes, he looked just the same he had four years ago when he'd welcomed me into the Hermes cabin. Annabeth made a painful sound in the back of her throat, like someone had just sucker punched her.

"Shall I destroy you first, Jackson?" Kronos asked. "Is that the choice you will make-to fight me and die instead of bowing down? Prophecies never end well, you know."

"Luke would fight with a sword," I said. "But I suppose you don't have his skill."

Kronos sneered. His scythe began to change, until he held Luke's old weapon, Backbiter, with half-steel, half-Celestial Bronze blade.

Next to me, Annabeth gasped like she'd suddenly had an idea. "Percy, the blade!" She unsheathed her knife. "The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap."

I didn't understand why she was reminding me of that prophecy line right now. It wasn't exactly a morale booster, but before I could say any thing, Ethan charged Annabeth and Kronos raised his sword.

Kronos came at me like a whirlwind.

Me and Kronos crossed swords, bronze and steel against bronze. Sparks flew. Our blades blurred-strike and parry-and the floor trembled. Our first exchange only took seconds. I couldn't see how Annabeth was doing with Ethan. Though I was vaguely aware of Grover playing music.

I charged, and slammed my blade into Kronos. I turned my sword, so the flat of it hit Kronos. Knowing that if I didn't, Riptide would've bounced off, or worse, shatter. But the impact was enough to knock Kronos off his feet.

Kronos roared. A wave of energy hit me onto my back. Next thing I knew, Backbiter was six inches from my face.

"Is this the end?" asked Kronos, quietly. "Is this the end of the all mighty hero, Percy Jackson?"

I managed to say, "No... not yet."

With that, I had recovered more than Kronos realized. I swept out my legs and knocked Kronos off his feet.