Chapter 2

"Why were you running away?"

"Why were you looking at my paper?"

Camila fell silent at the rebuttal, and her walking shadow eventually reached her desk.

"I need to go on the roof."

But Lauren had already slung her arm off, and was walking away from her.

"How - I can't walk to the roof!"

"Roll."

Oh, so not charming.

"Hey! I got this sprain because of you!"

Lauren halted and stood under the door's frame. Camila sucked in her breath and held it, as she felt a slight wrong touch would make Lauren vanish.

Camila started to feel fidgety as she heard running footsteps outside, and wondered how people would react if they saw her like this.

Lauren opened her mouth and smiled as she looked back to Camila.

"No."

THAT NO - BRAIN AMOEBA.

"COME BACK HERE, YOU - "

"Lauren!"

Ariana?

Sure enough, the soccer team's captain was heaving and clutching the classroom's doorframe. She took a gulp of air and lifted her head up to Lauren, and scrunched her eyebrows in concern at Camila.

"Sorry, did I come in the middle of something?"

Camila felt herself blush and stammered out her denial.

"N - no, we were, um, we were just talking about - "

"She sprained her ankle following me."

Ariana's eyes enlarged considerably and she bellowed out a response.

"Why isn't she at the nurse's office? Hurry, let's take her!"

"What about - "

"It can wait."

Ariana strode over to Camila.

"Here, put your arm over my shoulder."

---
"Well?"

"Well what?"

"Frikkin' Ariana Grande carried you to the rooftop, and you're not going to tell us anything about it?"

Dinah was looking at Camila wildly, and although Ally was quieter, she also eyed Camila curiously. Camila stroked the wrap on her ankle, and frowned as she explained.

"I just - I went to get the stuff and I just..."

Should she tell about Lauren's planned departure? It was obvious that Lauren, herself, did not expect anyone to see.

"I just fell down some steps, and she happened to see me."

"And she helped you to the nurse's office?"

"Yeah - weren't you guys worried about me? I was gone for about half an hour!"

"Of course, we were! Now hurry up, and tell us more about Ariana!"

Camila blew out her breath tiredly, and continued on with the explanation.

"I told her it was all right, and that I could probably get back on my own-"

"But she insisted on carrying you?"

"Yeah..."

They all sat in silence, and Dinah slowly turned around to Ally.