38. He helped us.

Heyya,

This chapter is going to be a little long. But its all worth it.

Keep reading

-----------------------------------------------------------

[ Scarlett ]

"Finally you guys are together" Candy cheered.

I shut my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Veronica whinned. "And I thought you considered me as your best friend." She said pouting and emphasizing on the word best friend.

I knew this was coming. I should have told her but the situation in morning was just very uncomfortable to confess the truth.

"Best friends dont hide" she whines again.

"Agreed" Candy nodded.

"You are my best friend. Both of you are" I say looking at both of them. "I am sorry okay? I..I just found that it would be a bit awkward to tell you about my relationship when you just broke up yours" I tried to explain.

"She's right Ver." Candy supported.

Veronica huffs and find my eyes. "Babe, I am so happy for you. Even if Alaric is a pain in ass." She say and I chuckle. "He deserves someone like you" she added.

I smile at her. "And we want the details" Candy whistled.

"Yeah" Veronica cheered up. "Lets celebrate"

"But you just broke up with your boyfriend?" I asked.

"Chuck that bastard. Double party. One for my breakup and another for your new start" she winked.

I like the idea. But I know even if she is trying to act normal she is hurt inside. She always loved Smith and he turned out a cheat.

Why cant people always remain same ? Why do they have to change?

"Cheers" We lift up our coke can. Ya, we already had three mojitos and didnt wanted to get high, ruining the plan of our 'girls day out'. So, we preferred Coke.

Giving them all the details about me and Alaric, we finished our mouth watering lunch. They all listened in fascination. Replying with a 'waoh' and 'how sweet'.

We made our way to the parking lot. We sat in Candy's car and she ignited but the car didn't moved.

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

"May be the tires" she said and we hopped down to the check the tires. Yeah, its punctured. Two tires so far.

"Do you have extra tires?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have one." Damn.

"We are busted!" Veronica exclaimed.

We thought for a while and Veronica kicked the tire.

"Hey, watch it." Candy complained.

Veronica glared at her and Candy rolled her eyes.

Before they begin with a cat fight. I remove my phone and start dialing Jack. "I will call Jack. He will help us out."

"I thought it was a girls day out?" Candy asked.

"But we are in trouble and we need help. Scarlett call Jack." Veronica ordered shooting daggers at Candy.

"Dont get angry on me. Its not my fault" Candy groaned.

"Its your car that got a flat tire. Isnt it?" Veronica retorted with sarcasm.