02: Perfect

Attached song for this chapter:
The Wanted- Could This Be Love

Books . The most magical and influenceable invention the world has even seen. Millions of words connected to one another, creating breathtaking sentences and pulling us in their spell by talking to us directly and letting us experience the world in new perspectives.

Baekhyun has always loved books, all those words and this intense feeling it is able to awake in us. Just a piece of art. He could also remember when he started to visit libraries, sitting there and reading to escape reality until it started to get a routine by day to day, making him a regular costumer. And then one day he started to write. His stories were innocent and pure at first until he developed his skills and improved from an amateur to an actual author, who sold over a thousand copies and was able to achieve certain things in life, from which other people could only dream of.

Baekhyun's life isn't the best, but he has all he needs and even more. The thing is just, he doesn't need all those things. He rather lives in a cozy, small apartment than an immense villa and prefers an old Opel over a new Mercedes. That's just how Baekhyun is — appreciating the small things in life.

And this time it is the same. Baekhyun is sitting in the library again, he has found a few days ago, watching how the boy with the leather jacket, orders the books in the bookshelf while humming a song silently, his earbuds in his ears. He musters his small actions with shiny eyes, adoring how he runs a hand through his gray hair, whenever a book hits the ground or his wide smile when a costumer enters the library, all those small things — which makes him even more mesmerizing than he already is.

It almost feels like he's a piece of art. A creature, without any flaws or imperfections, and Baekhyun starts to see him as one as well. His book character is a superficial reflection of the library worker, who is just fascinating him more than anything else before.

The boy is just new territory for Baekhyun, which makes him kind of dangerous, but even more interesting. That's also the reason why his eyes are chained on the fierce but smiley library worker, who seems to be too perfect to be real. He grabs his wooden pen tighter, his eyes pinned on the worker who's sitting at the counter, listening to some music while drumming on the surface of the counter with two pencils. Baekhyun smiles, looking back at the paper in front of him before continuing with his story. He has finally found his inspiration.

His fingers swing over the piece of paper while silence is surrounding him, leading him into total freedom, drifting him from reality to fiction. — where he feels alive, the breath entering his lungs and pumping oxygen through his body. That's when his soul is dazzling from all the brightness.

And it feels amazing. Baekhyun is able to breathe for the first time in a year, he's finally able to write with an actual inspiration.

"His ash-gray hair touched his forehead lightly, his raven-black eyes captured on the night sky, mustering how the stars shine brightly on the upper atmosphere while the black of his eyes reflect them brightly — His dark orbs dazzling in a mermezing beauty."

He leads the pen to his mouth, biting on it with crowded thoughts, his eyes gliding to the library worker, watching how his eyes are pinned on a book, the earbuds still in his ears. A smile curves up on his lips before he drifts his sight back to the paper.

"A thousand of thoughts were spinning in his troubled head, but his body was filled with positivity. Even in hard times he would face his problems with a wide smile on his flawless features."