chapter 4

She bit her bottom lip and smiled, walking out as he did too, closing and locking the door behind them. He grabbed her small hand in his large one, walking to his car with her silently, "I hope this won't be boring.." she spoke up quietly yet honestly, obviously new to these kind of events.

"it won't," he replied simply, "you'll love tonight."

your lips are like wine, and i want to get drunk.
*

The couple had arrived to the gala about two hours ago. Since the blonde knew no one there, compared to the male who knew basically everyone in the room, she reminded really close to her boyfriend, scared to get lost in the quite big building and through all the people actually present at the event.

Benjamin wrapped his strong arm around the girl's waist and gently pulled her closer to him, feeling how timid she currently was as he rubbed small soothing circles on her hip with his thumb. He was talking to one of his coworkers as she looked around, his actions rapidly relaxing her.

* * *

"But- babeee!" the small girl exclaimed, grabbing his hand tightly as she stumbled slightly while they walked upstairs; she couldn't easily stand still.

The tall guy chuckled softly, raising an eyebrow at his clearly tipsy, drunk basically, and apparently tired – at least that's what he believed – girlfriend. He was calm and practically still sober by now, his daily occupations obviously made him way more tolerant when it came to alcohol. He didn't get affected that much by it, compared to Brittany, who didn't drink that often.

"yes baby girl?" he said simply in response as they finally reached the top of the stairs. They were back home now, and it was incredible late. one a.m.

"I don't want to go to bed." she pouted, looking up at him before she suddenly started giggling, quickly pulling the boy into their bedroom. She closed the door behind them, grinning at her boyfriend as he frowned, "no, no baby, you need sleep." he said calmly, shaking his head as he ran his fingers through her short loose hair, "trust me bubs, you need rest." he added softly.

She bit her bottom lip sexily, "but I don't need sleep, I need you ben-" she started with a tired yet pleading voice but the boy cut her off, sighing quietly, "it's one a.m, time for bed princess." he repeated, being stern but careful with his words, not wanting to upset her in the state she was already in.

The blonde crossed her arms over her chest madly and sadly but he still helped her to sit down on the bed. He looked at her guiltily for a moment and soon walked in their closet, searching through his clothes and eventually grabbing a shirt of his for her to sleep in.

"Here you go baby." Benjamin said so his girlfriend would look up, his voice soft and caring. As her brown eyes met his green ones, he kindly helped her to stand and he delicately unzipped her dress. He was so gentle, scared to upset or hurt her. His fingertips were touching the warm skin on the side of her neck while he looked deeply into her eyes. Brittany was almost fully naked, standing right in front of him but again, nothing mattered more to him than the girl he fell in love with – he was falling in love again and again because of those damn eyes.

"Ben.." she mumbled slowly yet innocently, biting the inside of her cheek as he frowned, realizing he had been staring at her for probably way too long. He kissed her forehead, letting his lips linger for a short moment before he dressed her in his shirt, which was obviously too big for her.

He found it adorable. He found her adorable. Everything about her was captivating to him.

He had a small smile on his face but the girl crawled into bed silently, which left him confused. He took his shirt off and changed into some sweatpants, before he climbed into bed also. The blonde's back was facing him as he laid next to her under the blankets; her breathing was calm and slow.

"bubs..?" he whispered, worried. He could feel something was wrong, he could tell she was upset in some way.

Probably because of me, he thought.

She didn't answer, she didn't say a word. He assumed she was asleep, so he wrapped his arms around her middle carefully and gently brought the small girl closer to him so her back was pressed against his chest.

He felt her relax from his soothing touch.

He inhaled her scent, which was something he deeply adored and constantly missed. His face was buried in her hair as he held her close to him and protectively; he cared so much.

He rubbed her stomach calmly as his eyes closed slowly; tiredness. He sighed sadly and kissed the back of her head while he whispered into her soft hair,

"I love you."

*
hello helloo! it took so long for me to update and i'm so deeply sorry, my life has been so busy for the past couple of weeks. hopefully i'll get back on weekly uploads.

so.. a brittjamin fight hey? kinda? will brittany just forget and move on for the best of her relationship?