Chapter One

Thank you so much for reading my story!! I hope you enjoy it❤️❤️

Happy reading

-------

Amber's Point of View~~

"Amber! Holy shit, Amber is that you?"

I turn my head and smiled at the girl bouncing up to me. Juliet Darling-soon-to-be-Dean hasn't seen me in a few years. And now I'm here for her wedding.

But I had to look my best. Four years and what seemed like a million surgeries and skin graphs later, I look better than ever.

The sulphuric acid Terry tortured me with left me with permanent scars that I thought would never be fixed. But the doctors only did my face, not wanting to expose me to so much in such a short amount of time.

"Juliet. I missed you," the short bubbly girl wrapped herself around me like a vice and I felt tears on my shoulder.

"Look at you! Oh my god. You look so amazing," Juliet pressed her hand to my cheek. The last time we saw each other, my face was ruined by acid, scarred. I was barely recognizable by my own sister.

"Thank you. And look at you, you're glowing, Jules. I'm so happy for you," I smiled. She started taking animatedly about Lincoln and the wedding and how much Leanna has grown up and her mother.

Before I knew it, we were sitting in a car on the way to her house.

"Lincoln! Look look look. I found a stranger at the airport," Juliet yelled when we walked into the house.

"Who the fuck...??" He trailed off when he saw me standing there. I just smiled.

"Lincoln, nice to see you again," I said. He still had a dumbfounded look on his face.

"Amber?," He breathed out. I smiled and did a little twirl.

"Doctors did a pretty good job, huh?," I asked. I barely got the whole sentence out before I was engulfed in a hug and I fought the extreme urge to tense up and push away.

"Fucking hell, Amber. I haven't seen you since...," he trailed off and I nodded.

"It's been a long time," I laughed. He pulled away and laid a hand on my cheek.

"You look so different," he said quietly. The last time he saw me, I had just finished my very first skin graft and my whole face was wrapped.

"I had to get myself looking right for your wedding," I joked.

"You look gorgeous, Ambie," Juliet said from behind me.

"Thank you guys for inviting me. I booked a room at the hotel downtown, so if you guys wanna do dinner tonight, just call me and let me know where," I said. Juliet told me that I could stay with them but they've already done too much for me.

I'll never be able to repay them. Lincoln and Juliet stayed with me while I was hospitalized for almost a year before they transferred me to another state for better treatment. Juliet even paid for an apartment for me to live in while I was there and they flew me back here for the wedding.

"I told you to stay here," Juliet complained. I smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"I'll be okay, Jules. Don't worry. It's a nice hotel and it's close to the wedding venue. So I won't be late."

And because I still have nightmares and don't want them to go crazy with worry about me.

We talked for a bit before my taxi got to the house and it was only a fifteen minutes drive to the hotel.

I finally made it up to my room and leaned against the door with my eyes closed.

Images of Terry and his men flashed through my mind and I rubbed my hands over my eyes, trying to wipe away the memory. But I could still see their faces, hear them laughing, smell their breath so close to my face.

A knock on the door jolted me from the trance I put myself in and I cleared my throat and turned to open it.

"Miss Kelly. Your room has been upgraded to a suite on behalf of a Mr. Dean," the man at my door said in a polite tone. I watched him move my bags onto a cart and followed him to the elevator that took us to the top floor.

My new room was beautiful. Way bigger than the one I paid for, a huge king sized bed, a bath tub big enough to fit the whole bridal party.

"Is it to your liking, miss?"

I could only nod and mentally remind myself to call Lincoln later to scold. The door softly clicked shut behind his departure and I was once again alone with my thoughts.

People told me I was crazy for staying friends with the daughter of the man who almost killed me. Best friends that is.

I changed out of my airport clothes into some shorts and a tank top. I stared at myself in the full body mirror against the wall. My quarter sleeves had covered most of the damage from Juliet and Lincoln. But the scars are still there. The jagged edges, the smooth burns, the straight cuts. Easy to cover from prying eyes, except my own.

I will never be able to forget what he did to me. I'm not crazy for befriending Juliet. She was just as much a victim as I was.

I pulled out my aid bag and took out the medicine I needed. Two pills for pain, one to sleep, two to control my anxiety and I had a cream to rub on the scars and on my face.

I laid down on the incredibly soft bed and fell asleep almost instantly.

~~~~~~~

IM BACK I HOPE YALL MISSED ME😘

TIME FOR BOOK TWO AND IM SORRY BUT THE UPDATES WONT BE ON ANY SET SCHEDULE. ILL JUST UPDATE AS OFTEN AS I CAN

VOTE

COMMENT.

AND STAY TUNED FOR MOREEEE

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

~JA~