In Your Eyes - Episode 2

During the exam introduction, Shouto keeps an eye out for a familiar head of (hair color) hair but finds nothing. He's not interested in you or anything. More like curious about your quirk is all. How can it effect him at long range? Is it some type of heartbeat amplifier like Jirou's? That would explain why he hears his heart pound in his ears at your presence. It must be powerful if it can affect him with such distance. At that, Shouto deems you a dangerous opponent. It prompts him to avoid any Shiketsu students. He dismisses the disappointment when he doesn't see you during the first trial.

It isn't till over half way through the second trial he sees you again.

Shouto grimaces. Gang Orca is right in front of him. Yet he can't land a decent attack because Inasa keeps distracting him with unnecessary words. Every time he attacks, Inasa does too and they cancel each other out, missing their targets. It only fuels his irritation and serves to further distract him. Shouto grits his teeth as he tries to concentrate on Gang Orca.

Inasa spouts some bullshit about his relations with Endeavor or something. Shouto doesn't care. All he wants right now is to pass this trial, but he can't with Inasa yapping in his ear. Shouto and Inasa exchange a few unkind words before they attack again at the same time.

As expected, the heat makes the wind rise, but this time the wind carries the flames towards Shindou. In his paralyzed state, he struggles to get away from the nearing fire.

Midoriya and you choose to jump in at that moment.

Midoriya grabs Shindou by his vest and vaults away from the flames ."What the hell-"

"-are you doing!?" You finish for him, landing in front of Shouto and Inasa. In a single motion, you raise your arms in a defensive block in front of you. Walls instantly rise from the earth. One by one, thick slabs of rock surround Gang Orca in towers. You've caged them in a stone enclosure, preventing Gang Orca and his henchmen from nearing the casualties for now.

"(Last Name)-chan, you're here!" Inasa notes.

(Last Name). Shouto stares at you in shock, his eyes switching between Midoriya and you. Your tense back faces him as you scan the walls you've built. There's a loud banging coming from the other side, and the walls rumble. They're trying to break through.

Shouto openly gawks, his heart jump starting again. God, is this a part of your quirk or something? He shakes his himself out of his stupor. What the hell is he thinking in a situation like this?

You pay no attention to Shouto, turning to glare at Inasa. "I just told you to stop being extra, and what do you do? You get extra, you idiot. You have a bone to pick with someone, do it after the exam. This isn't the time for dramatic dialogue. What's more important here, saving lives or fighting with fellow heroes?"

You're right, Shouto thinks, looking at the battlefield. Debris and broken earth lay at his feet, and the sounds of screams and battle cries echo through the stadium. Other examinees carry casualties out of broken buildings and piles of rubble.

Shouto's here with one purpose. To pass the Hero License Exam. He has to set aside his differences with Inasa for now, so he can do his part. He needs to protect the citizens and divert the villains away from them. Shouto accepts that he can't simply get passed his issues with his father. He can't forget about it just like that. Inasa is right. He became what he hated. It's his fault that this happened. Shouto wants to make things right.

Then Inasa and him are paralyzed by Gang Orca's Sonic Wave attack. His body limp in his large hand.

A distance away from you, part of the wall crumbles into a doorway and like a broken dam it floods with Gang Orca's henchmen. You yell back to Midoriya while he drags Shindou towards the casualty site. "They've breached! They're coming!"