2. Two Heads Are Better Than One

Disclaimer: I don't anything you recognize

Disclaimer: I don't anything you recognize. Also, just in case someone thinks otherwise, Alex is not going to be shipped with an OC (even though I don't like Alex X Rook or Alex X Arthur). The only canon character that might be hinted to be shipped with an OC is Emmerich. But that kid's like ten, so it won't be an actual ship lol.

***

Alex had always thought she and Conner were very different people. Sometimes she wondered how could they have the same parents. Alex would go as far to say they were opposites, like how she was comparably sane and Conner was... well, a bit crazy.

Not in a bad way though. His ideas were bizarre and creative, but strange enough, most of them worked. As Conner always proclaimed, "Being crazy is a part of being awesome!", Alex always laughed at his jokes but never hesitated to scold him for his childish actions. Alex secretly appreciated his creativity, seeing she could never think out of the box like he did.

But this was crossing a line.

Alex frowned as she saw her brother nearly face plant a wall for the fourth time in the day. And it was only lunch break. He didn't seem to mind though, and just walked away with a dreamy look on his face.

Alex also noticed for some reason he finally woke up on time lately, did homework without being told to, and started bumping into things or people. He also looked like he was in a daze, but sometimes, he could be very productive.

All this happened around the time of their birthday. At first, Alex thought Conner was only excited because they were finally teenagers. But when this "excitement" lasted for more than a week, Alex began to get suspicious.

Sure, she was happy that her brother seemed to turn over a new leaf, but he had been so not like himself. He was quieter and immersed in his own thoughts, and stopped asking random questions about whatever that came to his mind. Also, when Alex asked Conner what was going on, he just shrugged.

Weird.

Alex, having enough, searched for Fred, Conner's best friend, in the noisy cafeteria. The boy had known Conner almost as long as Alex knew her twin, so maybe he knew something she didn't know. Not mention, it could be kind of a boy thing?

Alex knew her mother was none the wiser, because her mom had asked her about Conner too. So, Fred was most likely one Conner would confide in.

Fred was standing next to Conner, talking animatedly to him, but Conner looked like he wasn't listening. He scanned the area anxiously as if he was searching for someone. Annoyed, Fred jabbed Conner with his elbow. A bit dazed, Conner turned back and stared at his best friend as if he just realized he was there.

"Have you even been listening to what I said?" Fred asked, running a hand through his hair as a band of girls passed by them. He was fairly popular with the female population of the school due to his looks and athletic ability. It was only September but there were already rumours about this girl who had developed an instant crush on him. Fred claimed it was total rubbish but secretly inside, he felt rather accomplished.