Chapter Seven

The next morning, Dawn had to see to the roses

The next morning, Dawn had to see to the roses. They were starting to wilt and die and she needed to get rid of them soon. The smell of decay was not as nice as freshly bloomed roses and she didn't want to smell like that. She had woken up early, from more nightmares about Sin but this time it was more of him killing a man with his bare hands. He was out of control and she didn't want anything to do with with him. She recalled his words about having everything she ever wanted, and hoped he was referring to her freedom. He was too unpredictable for her taste and she would soon be able to sever all contact with him.

Clearing out the roses, caused her to be late and miss out on breakfast. She had barely had a chance to get dressed neatly, and clasped her gold bracelet just as she rushed out the door to get the coffee. When lunch arrived, she was very hungry and decided to go out for lunch. Little did she know, that she should've ordered in that day.

Gold arrived at the office, moments after Dawn had left. Her Majesty had called upon him promptly, after she had seen the bracelet on Dawn. Gold strode confidently through the lobby and up to her office. He got many admiring glances, whilst some wondered why he was here after so long.

Gold entered her Majesty's office without knocking. If she had chased him down to have a meeting, he didn't see why he should let her know about her arrival, after all, she should be expecting him. Just as he thought, she didn't even bat an eyelash at his entrance.

"You called, Aziza?" he said. He already had an idea as to why he had been called here but he might as well annoy her. He didn't bother sitting down, instead went straight for her panoramic view, she had in his office.

"No one calls me that, Goldie," she replied. She swung her chair around to face the same view as him. She didn't bother replying to the unsaid question because he already knew.

"That's only because you decided one day you were a Queen and everyone should treat you as such, A but we both know which name Hunter prefers to moan," She threw a red apple at him, from the fruit bowl she had on her table. He caught it, with ease, used to her behaviour.

"So Goldie, why her?" She decided to ask, because she knew he would just beat around the bush and in the end she would be left with no answers. She was hoping to catch them interacting with each other but Dawn had decided to go out for lunch just as he arrived. She was sure he wasn't going to stick around for long so she would have to see them together another time.

He took a bite of the apple, chewing slowly purposely to piss her off.

"I would've thought Hunter would've kept you preoccupied after hours, but apparently he's not doing a good enough job," he dodged, purposely. He wondered which desk belonged to Dawn outside this office. He hadn't seen her when she arrived, so she must be busy.

"Answer. The. Question." she said testily. He was getting under her skin on purpose. That's the problem with knowing people for so long. Gold had helped her out, in the past, and ever since then, he's been somewhat a friend, when he wasn't weaseling valuables out of unsuspecting victims.