Introduction

OfTheWeek's mission is to spread positivity in the Wattpad community and to expose writers to eager readers. Each week, an author of the week will be announced through this account and ask.fm in an attempt to help these authors gain more followers and some feedback. The goal is to give more writers exposure and to create an environment where good books can be found and friends and readers can be made.

Rules

1. OfTheWeek will not tolerate any negativity. If you have an opinion that may be offensive, please talk to that person or address the situation privately, or just keep your thoughts to yourself. This project is to nurture positivity and it won't hesitate to block any users who are being rude or crass.

2. To nominate an author or a book for recognition, please contact us through private message. Any messages of self-promotion on the wall or through private message will be deleted.

3. To make this project successful, please fan this account, OfTheWeek. This is not to gain fans or to become popular. Fanning will allow you to stay up to date with authors of the weeks as a big part of promoting come from follower messages.

4. You may not nominate yourself as author of the week. By doing so, you'll be self-promoting and promptly ignored. That said, we encourage you to nominate your friends who you think deserve to be promoted.

5. Author of the week is based on the quality of his or her writing, not on his or her relationship with OfTheWeek. Everything is objective as we strive to look for the best writing, not the best people.

6. To be considered as author of the week, you must have under 8,000 fans, less than 300,000 reads on a full length novel, or less than 30,000 votes. Take note that you can have more than 300,000 reads and have 2,000 fans and still be author of the week. However, if you exceed all three of those requirements, you are illegible to be author of the week.

Procedures

Every week, you can have the chance to nominate an author that you believe deserves more recognition through private message. Depending on whether or not anyone stands out, the author of the week will be chosen by me, Infatuated, based solely on the quality and uniqueness of their writing. Every new author of the week will be announced on Sunday. As  reader and a writer, please support these author of the weeks by checking out their books, leaving good comments, and fanning them if you really love their writing! 

Outlets of Promotion

Authors will be promoted through the OfTheWeek account by mass messaging, which means it is best to fan this account. They will also be promoted through ask.fm and through Anne's account, @Infatuated. In the future, authors could potentially be promoted through Facebook, with permission. Authors' books will be added to the Book of the Week reading list. Books and authors will also be featured in this book.

Libraries

The Book of the Week library is a compilation of noteworthy novels by authors of the week.

The Favorites library is a compilation of noteworthy novels that are popular, completed, or too popular to be nominated. These novels are well-written and must reads; browse through if you're out of books or waiting for the next author of the week.

The Suggestions library contains novels that have been nominated through ask.fm but may not have won.

Potential Events

THERE IS NOW A COMPETITION CALLED OF THE MONTH. PLEASE REFER TO OUR ACCOUNT FOR MORE INFORMATION.

A youtube channel may be in the works. This channel would contain several authors posting videos of review of worthy novels and would contain throughout each author of the week.

If you have any suggestions or tips, please send OfTheWeek a private message detailing your ideas. I would love to hear from you.

Miscellaneous

I ask that you as a reader or writer support others on this site. The best thing to do to help out other authors is to read their novels and leave comments detailing what you liked and what you didn't. That is what authors are looking for; feedback and compliments are always really nice and help to nurture the positivity that we are aiming for. Make friends with these authors and make friends among yourselves. Build up a community through communication and friendship.

Tell you friends about this project! The ore people we get involved, the more successful we can be. The more successful, the more success our readers and writers can have.

If you would like to get involved in any way, please let me know through pm!

Please make this a project a success through involvement and positivity. This project is in part dedicated to cannons for being inspirational.