Game 2

The walk to the unknown destination seems to be endless. In reality, however, it cannot have lasted longer than ten minutes, but Zayn now knows that the building itself is gigantic. He doesn't even recall a building near their village that is as big as this one and he knows he hasn't even seen half of the construction yet. Once again, he wonders where exactly they are and how Niall managed to do this all behind his back. Of course, Zayn works his shifts and volunteers at the hospital still so he can stay in touch with his sister, but it is not like he is away from Niall that much, right? No way Niall could have planned all of this behind his back? 

Zayn is pulling a loose thread at the hem of his shirt nervously as the cyborg in front of him stops in front of a normal sized door. He breaths out to try and ease the nerves. Who knows what is waiting for him behind it. Probably the next test. Zayn worries his lips between his teeth as he frowns, a habit that has always given away what he is thinking about: something bad.

The three of them enter the room. It's plain white, no windows, no decorations, nothing. The only thing there is a small baby blue table and a chair in the same colour. At the other side of the room, there is another door, undoubtedly locked. Zayn frowns. He isn't sure what he is supposed to think about the setting. Does this have to do with the next test? He isn't sure. The door behind him clicks shut and locks. Zayn is left alone once again. 

Alone... He knows the blond is watching him right now, though he doesn't pay attention to that thought. Zayn walks closer to the blue table cautiously. He is aware that anything could happen at any second. He didn't get any indication of the second test having started yet, but Niall is unpredictable. Zayn doesn't trust anything in this room. 

He reaches the table safely and eyes the tray with breakfast wearily. There are eggs and toast. Even sausages, milk and orange juice. Zayn's stomach growls at the sight of it all and slowly takes a seat on the matching blue chair. It is only then he notices the neatly folded note with his name on, halfway tucked under one of the plates. He recognizes the handwriting immediately when he picks it up and folds it open. 

My dearest Zayn
I thought you deserved a very elaborate and healthy breakfast to start the day. It is a big day for you once again. As you know, you will have your second test in a while and you will need enough strength for it. Enjoy your breakfast, Zaynie. I will see you soon. 
~Ni x

The raven-haired man places the piece of paper on the table again. The second test has not yet started. Niall confirmed it now with the little message he left for Zayn. If there is one thing Zayn knows about Niall and his second personality, it is that he is always true to his word. If the second test has not yet started, he surely can trust this delicious looking meal not to be poisoned and safe to eat. 

Zayn doesn't waste time, picking up the cutlery and digging in. He once again recognizes his boyfriend's cooking skills and finds them to be comforting in a sense. It's the only thing in this damned place he is familiar with. The taste of the special herbs he always uses on his eggs. It reminds him... 

No. Zayn should not be thinking about the way it was before he woke up yesterday. Those days are over forever. Their relationship will never be the same anymore. Zayn doesn't think it would be okay to pretend nothing happened and just continue their relationship the way it was before. Niall is trying to kill Zayn, no matter how much Zayn wants to deny that fact. He is pretty sure that Niall could go to jail for this if. He wonders if that would be the right solution. If he ever gets out of here alive, that is. To walk to the police station and tell them everything that happened in here. 

As if they would believe all the scyfy shit Niall conjured up. 

As if they could hold Niall hold up in a prison cell.