Putting back the light

No ones POV
//////////////
(Attention readers: this chapter will be one of many chapters that talks about depression! This isn't the saddest chapter because it's not to deep like other chapters will be. This chapter explains Dinah's depression after the incident and the aftermath of everything.)

Dinah's trying her best to get through life, to others they feel as if it's ridiculous for Dinah to be so depressed over being in a wheelchair for a couple months but to Dinah this was more than just her getting hurt.

Dinah feels like her life will change because she can't play basketball, the whole team counted on her and the voices in her head claims she let everyone including Normani down.

Dinah hasn't been going to school for the past week because she's embarrassed and an emotional wreck.

Dinah has been getting her classes done online and Normani will come over everyday to bring her food and help her out with school work.

"Hey baby, I got you some tacos" Normani says while walking into Dinah's dark bedroom.

Normani sighs and sits the plastic bag on the night stand.

She sits on the bed and rubs Dinah's head.

"Baby wake up" Normani says

"I am awake" Dinah replies

Normani turns on the lamp and looks at the Polynesian.

Dinah lays on her pillow with tear stained cheeks and sleep deprived eyes.

"Baby get up you need to eat."

"I don't wanna eat" Dinah groans

Normani pulls back the blanket as an effort to help pull Dinah off the bed but something catches her eye.

"Dinah have you been eating at all this week?" Normani questions

Dinah stays quite, as she feels brown eyes gazing upon her body.

Normani sees that Dinah has become skinnier than before, she looks more pale and worse than when she first left the hospital.

"I'm gonna ask you again, have you been eating?" Normani says

Dinah looks at Normani and still keeps quiet.

"Damn it Dinah just answer the question!" Normani says a little annoyed

"No! No I haven't! Is that what you wanna hear? I don't wanna eat, I have no appetite, I have no sudden urge to get up, I'm not happy, I'm upset, depressed, tired and mad at myself! I don't wanna even wake up half the time because what's the point?!? I wake up everyday and do the same thing sit! Sit in b-bed praying to god that hopefully...I won't let everyone down like I usually d-do" and with that Dinah starts to sob.

Normani picks Dinah up to sit in her lap, she rocks back and forth while holding a crying Dinah in her arms without hurting her.

"Shhh baby, it's okay just breathe. Cry as much as you need I'm here baby" Normani says allowing her own tears to fall.

Over time Dinah's sobs start to slow down and her breathing becomes better.

"Dinah please talk to me about what's going on"

"I'm just...i don't know depressed, I feel like I let everyone down, my team counted on me but look I can't play for the rest of the season. I can't please you, I can't take you out, I can't spend one day with you without ruining it by being so boring and sad. I can't help my parents with the kids, and my teachers expect more from me but I'm not giving it my all cause I have no motivation. You are my motivation but when I let you down I feel like I don't even deserve motivation at all." Normani was taken aback by everything Dinah said, it broke her heart.

Normani lays back and allows Dinah to lay on her chest as tears fall from Dinah's eyes.

"I don't know what to do or say to fix you, but I will always do what I can, if holding you in my arms helps, I will hold you in my arms for the rest of my life like I planned. I can't snap my fingers and then you be better but I will be here for you through everything babygirl, no matter what it takes. You will always be my strong Polynesian queen....this won't bring you down, this will just make you stronger boo" Dinah smiled and bit her lip as Normani kissed her head.

"I love you babygirl, forever and always"
Normani finishes while closing her eyes

Soon after a soft relaxing silence, soft snores are heard from Normani, which causes Dinah to smile.

"I'll be strong for you baby, I will always love you even at My roughest points." Dinah replies quietly while stroking Normani's cheek.

"Always.."

Hey y'all!!
I hope y'all enjoy this chapter, like i said in the beginning there will be some rough topics in this book, from suicide, self harm, drug use, date rape, and more.
Now I'm not the type of person to explain in details with topics about rape because in my opinion it is very dark but so very real in this world, I don't want others to fear to read this book because of the triggering parts so the amount of description in all these topics will be limited.
~ Kayla 💜