Chapter 13 |-| Save you

Liam

It's been a few days since I took Theo to the hospital and he's not looking better, in fact, he's looking worse than before.
I've been with him a lot in those past few days and he's paler and thinner. His hair is no longer styled like it used to be.
He looks really sick, like he could die at any moment.
He also decided not to leave the bed and he's been lying there for the past two days.

Every other supernatural happenings stopped at the beginning of the week and there haven't been any more bodies either.
Lydia called saying that she'll be here this weekend, she said that Stiles is definitely coming with her and that Scott might be coming too.
I'm really happy that I'm going to see them again, but I'm also worried that Scott will be disappointed in my abilities as an alpha.

"You can go home if you want," Theo says, bringing me back to reality and I shake my head "Don't you have like homework to do or something?" he questions "Do you really want to stay here on your own?" I question with an eyebrow raised and he doesn't respond, he just lifts the covers up to his neck.
"No," he says in the end, slowly closing his eyes "I'm really tired though," he informs, before coughing.
His lips are turning silver from the mercury and I'm afraid that he is dying.
"I appreciate you being here," he says, eyes still closed. "I know you have more important things to take care of, since you're the new alpha and all," he adds opening his eyes again.
"You're important," I say "More important than my homework. You're part of the pack and we're friends," I add and he raises an eyebrow "We're friends?" he asks and I nod my head "Or don't you want us to be friends?" I asks and he shakes his head "I like being friends with you, it's much better than having you hating me," he informs and I smile a little "You're the only friend I have right now and I'm really thankful for it," he says and he means it, I can feel it in my bones.

"I heard you talking to Lydia," Theo says after a while "Is Scott coming too?" he asks and I can feel his nervousness "Maybe," I say with a shrug "Why?" I ask.
"I just need to talk to him," he informs "About what?" I question, curiosity getting the best of me. "About stuff," he responds and I sense that he's not gonna tell me, so I drop it.
"If you're gonna apologize for killing him, I think he's gonna forgive you, I mean it's been a couple months," I inform and he looks at me wide eyed "How did you know I was gonna do that?" he questions "I didn't," I respond "Are you sure he's gonna forgive me?" he asks "Mason didn't," he adds "Yes he did," I inform and he looks at me with an eyebrow raised. "At least he accepted you into the pack," I say "And Luke seems to like you a lot," I add "I think it's because of the Chimera thing," he points out "Yes, it's probably because of the Chimera thing. He still likes you though," I say and Theo gets one arm out from under the sheets to cover his mouth as he coughs violently.
"I'm dying, aren't I?" he asks, cleaning his hand on the bed sheets and I shake my head "You're not dying," I respond "Don't even think about it," I demand looking at him sternly and he raises his hand in defence before coughing again.
Melissa enters the room with a glass of water in one hand and a cup with pills in the other. "There you go," she says and she seems a lot nicer now as she helps Theo take the meds.
"Liam, can I talk to you for a second?" she asks shooting me a look and I nod, following her out of the room and all the way upstairs.
I'm guessing she doesn't want Theo to eavesdrop on us.
"Liam, I've been treating Theo for days and nothing changed," she informs and I don't like where this conversation is going "If I keep giving him the solution for much longer, it's gonna kill him faster than the mercury would," she informs.
"Then stop giving him the solution," I suggest "If I stop giving him the solution, he's gonna be dead in a matter of weeks if not days," she explains and I can feel my heart sink to my stomach at the thought of Theo dying.
When he was the villain I wouldn't mind if he was dead, I would've even killed him myself.
But now?
Theo changed too much, he's one of the good guys now and I trust him with my life.
"If he has a few weeks left, maybe Scott can help him," I suggest "I don't know how Scott could save him," she informs "How long do you think he's gonna last if you keep giving him the solution?" I ask "Two or three days maybe," she responds "Then stop giving him the solution," I say "Are you sure?" she asks looking at me with a sympathetic look and I nod my head "Yes I am," I inform, spinning around on my heel and making my way back downstairs into Theo's room.
I freeze when I don't find him lying on the bed, looking around and trying to catch his scent.
I follow it all the way to a room next to the morgue, where there's an open window and some boxes stacked under it.
Seriously?
Why would Theo run away from the hospital in his condition?
I take a deep breath before climbing the boxes and getting out through the narrow window.
How the hell did he fit in here?
He's a lot bigger than I am - muscular wise - even though he lost some weight.
"Theo?" I call as I try to follow his scent.

After what seems like forever, I hear sobbing coming from somewhere in front of me and I follow the sound to find Theo sitting there, on the cold ground, his knees up to his chest.
He's shaking from the uncontrollable sobs escaping his lips and the tears running down his face.
I kneel down in front of him, looking at him with sympathetic eyes.
It's so heartbreaking to see him like this.
I've never seen Theo Raeken cry, at least not for real.
"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask, my voice barely above a whisper and Theo just cries even more, my heart sinks as I watch him crying his eyes out and I decide to do the only thing I can, pulling him into a hug.
Slowly, so I don't scare him off.
With my arms around his neck, he wraps his arms around my waist, resting his head on my chest.
One of my hands caress the back of his neck, playing with his hair a little as some kind of comfort.
I never noticed it, but Theo's hair is actually quite soft and he still smells of Coffee and Chocolate, his scent is so strong, that you can't even smell the mercury running through his veins.

"I don't want to die," he says as his sobs get less and less.
"You're not gonna die Theo," I inform, still caressing the back of his neck. "Melissa said I only have weeks left," he informs and I decide not to question how he was able to eavesdrop from so far away.
"Theo you're not gonna die," I insist and he looks at me with a tear stained face, my arms still around his neck, playing with his hair. "You can't," I say "But..." he says, his arms still around my waist and I lay my finger on his mouth to keep him from talking, "No 'but'" I say looking at him sternly, before wrapping my arm around his neck again.
"Look... You survived the Dread Doctors, a broken neck, hell, the Wild Hunt and the Anuk-Ite," I explain "You're not gonna die from mercury poisoning alright," I exclaim.
"I deserve it though, for what I did to my sister and your pack," he says looking down and I'm trying to fight the urge to punch him in the face, shaking my head, before pulling him back into a hug.
"You don't deserve to die, not like this," I inform "No one does," I add and he tightens his grip on me, his face now on the crook of my neck and his hot breath makes chills run down my spine and goosebumps appear on my arms.
"Come, on, let's go back in," I say and I can feel him shaking his head "No," he says "It's freezing out here and you don't have a jacket on," I exclaim as I feel the cold breeze hit the back of my neck.
"I don't wanna die in there," he informs and I pull away to look at him "You're not gonna die," I insist "Just let me help you...let me save you just this once," I plead, letting go of him, before standing up and stretching my hand out for him to take.
He hesitates a little, his eyes wandering between my hand and my face, before he grabs my hand and I pull him back up to his feet.
I interlock our fingers, walking back to the hospital and he squeezes my hand softly as he walks beside me.
A small smile on his face and I smile back.

"Theo?" Melissa asks confused as we enter the hospital through the front door.
When her eyes land on our intertwined fingers, Theo pulls away with a faint blush and I hold back a protest "I needed fresh air," Theo informs, slowly making his way to the elevator.
"He needed fresh air," I repeat, walking after him and from the corner of my eye, I can see Melissa shake her head.