Chapter thirty: jasper gives the 411

The song for this chapter is: I got a feeling

This was so awkward. You, your friends, and Sans stood huddled together in the locker room, you, Natasha and Nathan holding hands with Emilie so you could see Jasper. He looked even more meek and awkward than he had been when he was alive. "Cherry...what are you doing in here? You know this is the..um.." He trailed off, laughing a forced, awkward laugh. "I should be asking you the same thing. Out of all the places, why are you in here? You HATE it in here, all the-" "All the football players would stuff me in the lockers, I know." Jasper sighed. "It's like this...we're tied to places we spent a lot of time in, but that doesn't mean they were places we liked." Oh. That put a bit of a monkey wrench in your plan. Sans frowned, glowering at Jasper. "Who the hell are you, who was that piece of shit that hit (Y/N), and what the HELL is going on?" He was not a happy camper. You rubbed your scarred temple with your free hand. It still tingled. "Hes..an old friend. Sans, this is Jasper." "Wait..>Sans? Like the one you told us about?" Jasper seemed to perk up a little. "So, then everything is..okay, with you all now? He knows about Chara and stuff? Oh, I'm so glad." Sans look between you and the ghostly teenager. "He knows about what happened?" "Oh yes. Cherry bomb had told all of us....I'm glad I got to be here and see the day when you got it all sorted..even if I'm dead." You could see the confusion on Sans' face, and silently promised him you would explain later. "Anyway, what's going on is..Jasper and the people you saw in that weird..flashback..mirage..thingy, they were my friends. And they died in a fire. For two years I thought it was an accident, but as it turns out, it wasn't. Someone killed them and-" 'Now they're after you." Jasper sighed, adjusting his glasses. You gave a nod, and Sans frowned deeply.

"Uh, I can't tell you much...though I overheard. If things were RESET I figure you already know the rules." Jasper scratched the back of his neck. "I can tell you this....each person involved, 3 total, is someone you know. One never planned for it to be a murder. The other has murdered plenty before us, and the last one doesn't even want to be involved. The last one will help you, if you can find them." That wasn't a big surprise, but still, it was good to have the confirmation. "I'm guessing you can't tell us who it is?" Nathan asked, and Jasper nodded solemnly. "But, I can tell you something important...you won't suspect them. At all." Well, that shot down Tammy, the Hailey's, and even Chara. "Alright...well, I guess coming in here wasn't a total waste of time." You sighed but smiled at Jasper. "Thanks, Jasper the friendly ghost." He chuckled at the name. "Hehe...don't thank me Cherry. We totally abandoned you. Making sure you stay safe, doing what little I can.." "Don't even start." You rolled your eyes. "I already did this with Dawn and Morgue. So..you're sorry for not siding with me, and I'm sorry for saying I regret being your friend. Bygones be bygones, deal?" "Deal." Jasper gave you a small smile. "Please stay safe...and, uh..what was that thing Morgan always says?" You snickered. "Fuck pacifism." "Yeah, that! Do what you gotta to stop these guys, so, fuck pacifism!" Still adorable, even when he was dead. God you missed Jasper, and everyone else. "Well...you should go, it's almost seven" Jasper said, and you nodded, letting go of Emilie's hand. The others followed suit. Sans was still staring at the spot where Jasper had been, and possibly still was. "...You're going to tell me everything that happened before the RESET, (Y/N). Including everything involving..us. Just let me get dressed and I'll meet you outside." Oh boy. You groaned internally but nodded. The faster you got this over with, the better. In the mean time, you could start laying out your trap. Was it a trap? Could you call it that? You were just putting up a message to scare them. You and your friends left the locker room and you turned to Emilie. "I just want to be sure..do you REALLY want to get involved? It's dangerous." Now that you had Sans..maybe, you didn't have to rely on Emilie anymore, so she didn't need to put herself in anymore danger. Emilie shook her head. "I'm not going anywhere. I may not remember what happened before, but I know everything you told me was true. After seeing everything back there, you can't expect me to bail now."

Honestly, you shouldn't have been surprised.

"Alright, if that's your decision. Natasha, got the paint?" "Aye aye, cap." She set her backpack down and pulled out the paint. You nodded. "Good. Then let's hurry to the old locker room before the campus gets flooded." The four of you headed off towards the football field, crossing it to get to the old, burnt locker room. You had them keep watch as you took the brush from Natasha's back as well, painting your message in large red letters on the locker rooms outer walls. Once you were done you stepped back to examine your handiwork.

WE KNOW THE TRUTH.

WE KNOW WHAT YOU DID.

YOU CAN'T HIDE ANYMORE.

"Very subtle. I like it." There was Sans.

You looked down at him and smiled, blinking as he motioned for you to come down to his level. You leaned down and he sighed, rubbing some red paint off your face. "Geez, you're like a little kid.But, if what you've said is the truth...I guess I can see why you and me are...ya know." He shrugged, winking. You flushed and gave your own shrug. "Uh, I guess. So, you really think this is okay? I mean...it's kinda a bit too late, but.." "Yeah, works for me. It makes your point loud and clear, tibia honest." He chuckled and then sighed, his smile falling. "Okay, (Y/N), you officially have my undivided attention. Let's get outta here before we get caught, and we're going to have a chat."

Oh dear.

----------------------------------------------------------

The message has been put up, now it's time to wait for everyone to see. And while you do that, you and Sans are going to have a talk. You two sure do have a lot of heart to hearts, huh?

And it's three people you know, but wouldn't expect. So that removes Tammy, the Hailey's, and Chara from the list, not that anybody ever really thought of the first two choices anyway.

Let's see where this goes, shall we?