Maya

Riley and I drove to Lucas Pappy Joes house of all places and knocked on the door.

The old man opened the door his eyes full of surprise when they landed on us.

"Riley? Maya?"

"Yes sir." We spoke in unison reminding me of how close we used to be.

"You're all grown up." He hadnt seen us since we were in eighth grade. "Come on in. What brought you hear?" He asked as we stepped inside.

"We were wondering if we could use your bay window." I pointed to the window and he nodded with a big grin.

"Of course. Take all the time you need."

Riley and I thanked before dragging over some stuff to sit on.

"So?" I prompted but she said nothing. "What happened back there?"

"Dani happened." Riley pouted.

"What?"

"Farkle used to always be there for me. I could always count on him. But then she showed up and took him from me."

"Riles, youre sounding quite jealous."

"I'm not jealous I have Stefan. Its just I miss my friend. We have been through everything together since we were in the first grade. He saved my life Maya. And ever since I just thought Id always have him. And now she does and she doesnt realize how great he is. Hes funny, and so so smart and he grew up gorgeous-"

"Riley-"

"Oh my god. Do I have feelings for Farkle?"

"Riley you have a wonderful boyfriend of two years. You really want to throw that away for someone who is in a relationship and basically told you he doesnt want you in his life?"

"No. I cant do that to Stefan. I- I dont know what to do anymore. "

"Lets just get through this wedding. Together." She smiled as I reached over and squeezed her hand.

"Thunder."

"Lightning." We giggled and it felt like we were back in high school when everything was simple.

"So you and Uncle Josh..."