Of All The Places (1/1)

Everyone was glad to finally be off the plane. Waya was happy to finally be able to use his legs again after what seemed like ages, Ochi couldn't get a moment of sleep on the plane despite it being an overnight flight, Isumi was paranoid about losing their luggage, Touya was relieved to no longer be thirty-five thousand goddamn feet in the air, and Shindou was really tired of the death grip that Akira had been giving his hand nearly every moment that they had been awake. (He'd put up with it, since it seemed to be the only thing helping the other pro keep his composure, but damn, it hurt.) They had little trouble getting through security and getting their things, but the same could not be said for transportation. It took nearly half an hour to find a taxi- the whole time Touya was insisting they give up and walk, which would have been a bad idea, as it was half an hour in the cramped taxi before they got to the hotel. That, combined with the rapidly onsetting jet lag and Shindou's refusal to put the magnetic goban away, turned the atmosphere almost tense enough to snap. It was dark already and half of them were almost asleep by the time they got there, and the five go players arrived at the hotel tired and on edge.

As they entered the lobby, Isumi went to check them in, and Waya and Shindou would have fallen asleep on the way-too-soft hotel couches if it weren't for Touya snapping at them when they seemed to have drifted off a bit too much. (Bit hypocritical, Hikaru thought, as he looked like he might pass out himself.) Thankfully, it only took a few minutes to get their room key- the room was a suite, with a small main room, two bedrooms, and a fold-out couch bed. They took the elevator up to the fifth floor in silence, and the walk down the hall was similarly quiet. When they got inside, Hikaru broke the silence with a loud sigh.

"Finally. That took ages."

"We'd have been here earlier if you hadn't gotten us lost on the way to the parking lot." Touya rolled his eyes.

"Don't start a fight, you two." Isumi scowled at them, effectively dispersing the argument before it started.

"C'mon." Waya waved at Isumi, already moving his own bags into the room on the right, and the older pro followed suit.

"I'll take the couch-" Akira started.

"Oh no you don't. You look absolutely dead on your feet. C'mon." Hikaru started dragging him by the arm to the left bedroom.

"But- Ochi should-"

"I'll take the couch." Ochi shook his head, waving a hand. "It's not a problem, let Shindou do what he wants."

"...if you insist." Touya sighed. Letting Shindou do what he wanted was usually the best plan, anyways, and so he let the other boy drag him into the bedroom and practically throw him onto one of the beds as he jumped onto the other one. "Shindou, don't break it."

"I won't, I won't..." He kicked off his shoes, and they landed near where he'd unceremoniously tossed his bags on the ground. Touya sighed, putting his suitcase neatly at the foot of the bed. He hadn't realized how tired he was until now- maybe it'd be fine to just sleep in his clothes... Hikaru certainly seemed to have arrived at that decision, seeing as it seemed he was asleep already. Touya laughed quietly, despite the situation, at the other pro's ability to pass out anywhere. He laid down himself, closing his eyes and falling asleep himself before he even had a chance to think about tomorrow.

The first night in their American hotel was too short for them to be nervous about the week-long go festival they were attending starting tomorrow morning. That, in hindsight, was probably for the best.