Chapter 2

Even though _____ was already an experienced summoner in her world, the first few months of summoner training was tough as she had to learn to work with actual magic.

This whole magic concept was entirely new to her.

Back on her world, magic was just a fictional kids tale. A place where only Science was relevant.

Thankfully, her teacher was one of Runeterra's most prominent summoners and he taught her that in order to harness the magic that surrounds the natural atmosphere of Runeterra, One requires inner peace.

After all the endless meditation sessions, _____ finally got a hang of summoning basic spells.

She even made a few friends during her trainings on the rift. Her most memorable friend was Pixel and he was a Yordle.

_____, not seeing a Yordle Summoner before mistook Pixel as a new champion to the league which led to an awkward situation during laning phase.

Yet soon, they became the best summoning duos in their class.

With Pixel as the support and her as the adc. Nothing could stop them.

_____ carried quite a number of games with Jhin which she thought would make him proud of her.

After every Victory, her whole team would go out for a small celebration at a nearby ramen place.

Except Jhin.

Shen, who was one of the champions often summoned by their top laner had a tender sort of curiosity towards _____. He was fond of her.

And he would always notice how Jhin would reject _____'s invites to join them. Leaving the poor girl dejected and come running into his arms for comfort.

Saturdays were boring for Jhin. It was the start of a weekend and weekends meant no work contracts for him.

Normally, that wouldn't stop him from his art.

But due to circumstance where he signed a deal with the Ionian council in exchange for his freedom,
he was to only carry out assigned assasinations by them.

Otherwise, he would be thrown back into prison.

Jhin didn't like staying idle for too long.
He simply could not understand why anyone would ever want to get away from their work.

He felt as though it was a waste.

A waste of time. A waste of talent.

His work was what he lived for. The art of preserving a fleeting moment. It was truly magnificent.

Jhin sighed tapping his fingers against the windowsill rhythmically.

It was sunny outside.

Jhin didn't particularly like the Sun. He would recall the tedious amount of scrubbing he had to do when the blood on his outfit dried up.

At least the rain helps with the washing.

Then again, the rain would often wash away his beautiful displays of art before anyone could grace upon it.

And that, he didn't like either.

It was complicated.

He was complicated.

_____ watched Jhin inquisitively. He always seemed so distant and caught up in his own little bubble. Wanting to strike up a conversation, she asked, "So...what are you thinkin' about? "

"Nun ya. " Jhin replied.

"What's nun ya? "

"Nun ya business. "

_____ deadpanned. Still, his sass didn't stop her from continuing.

"Come on. Give me something to work with Jhin."

"And what may I ask do you suggest? "

"Oh I don't know. Try to get to know me more? Or at least let me try to get to know you.

It's been more than a month since I've been under you and we've barely even talked."

"How adorable. Did you fall for me?" Jhin teased.

She blushed furiously at Jhin's absurd assumption.

"W-what? N-no! I just mean-"

Jhin chuckled at her reaction. Cute, he mused. "I merely jest my dear."

"Alright. " He decided.

"Alright what? "

"Let us go on a date. "

"What?! "

"Dates can be platonic can't they? "

She shrugged, "I guess so. "

"Then, shall we?" Jhin held out his arm for her and off they went.

He had a very special place in mind for their first date and he couldn't wait to show her.

The Kashuri Armouries.

"An armoury... " _____'s eyes roamed the weapon filled chamber unamused.

"It's not just any ordinary armoury my dear. All these hextech weapons are infused with Ionian magic."

"Wow ma-gic? What's that? I've never heard of it before. " she spoke sarcastically.

Jhin shook his head.

_____ picked up a matte black bow which reminded her of Katniss Everdeen back on her world. She pretended to shoot arrows at Jhin.

Only to receive a blank stare from him.

"I shot you. You were supposed to die." she whined.

"Clearly you lack the accuracy even with an imaginary arrow. "

Jhin was smirking under that stupid mask of his and she knew it.

_____ felt a slight tremble in the ground bellow her, or was it just her imagination?

Unfortunately for her, it wasn't.

The slight tremble soon became more aggresive and violent as the structure above began crumbling.

"Run, now!" Jhin ordered as he grabbed her by her hand running towards the exit.

But as they were nearing, rubble came crashing down blocking their path.

Weapons of all shape and sizes fell from their shelves recklessly.

A dead weight maze was just about to pummel _____ to the ground but in a failed attempt as Jhin reached out, pulling the whimpering girl away to safety in his arms.

They were completely trapped, surrounded by fallen debris as darkness began to unveil itself.

A sudden flash of purple flashed before their eyes, a dome engulfed them in light once more, shielding them from getting crushed by an oncoming pillar.

It was Shen. He stood protectively between _____ and Jhin. Turning to face the summoner, "_____, are you hurt?" he spoke with concern.

She shook her head, filled with relief, she enveloped Shen in a hug.

Jhin cleared his throat in irritation receiving a glare from Shen.

Something was off. How did Shen knew that they were in danger? Jhin eyed the ninja suspiciously.

"How convenient. Perfect timing is it not?" Jhin articulated his sentence hinting at it's purpose.

_____ pulled away looking at Shen questionably. Jhin was right. How did Shen knew exactly where they would be?

Shen sighed.

He contemplated for a while before speaking.

"The Ionian Council." He paused, "They were concerned about your safety and I was ordered to shadow you."

"I see..." _____ looked away unsure of how to react. She didn't really like that fact that she was being spied on.

Then again, Shen was only doing his job.