0.6

"IS IT JUST me or do you guys look like baby prostitutes?"

Tric Suansune crossed his arms and leaned back into two of my various comfortable pillows, grinning like he was having the time of his life.

Within the week I found the principal's son to be refreshing company, though he did have one too many quarrels with Annalise. They bickered back and forth, but I could tell they were forming a bond - no matter how sarcastic it was.

"You say that like it's a bad thing," Annalise scoffed, twirling around in her mini skirt. The preparation for Anubis Mohandas' birthday bash condemned my room to a rollercoaster of clothes, makeup products, and strangely flaming hot Cheetos.

"Well, in my country it's unacceptable."
"I'm pretty sure it's unacceptable globally," I pipped up once Tric grimaced at the dress I was wearing. "Yeah, you're definitely right. I look like I cost 10 bucks."

Annalise scowled deeply, narrowing her eyes at how utterly ridiculous Tric seemed.

"Speaking as a fellow male of the homo sapien race, girls that dress well are easy on the eyes," Tric whispered, betrothing the secret to a skeptical Annalise Benjamin.

Tric grabbed one of my mother's gala dresses and screamed, "A-ha!" He proceeded to compare the sleeves with Annalise's own arm, grunting in appreciation at the perfect fit.

"I really fail to see how this is going to help me - no offense Victoria - jump someone tonight," Analise smirked at Tric, believing she had the upper hand in this trivial debate.

"None taken," I chuckled.

Tric frowned, his eyebrows rising sky high once he opened his mouth to respond, "That explains it."

"Explains what exactly, thai boy?"

"You should wear that horrendous skirt. You'll definitely bone some poor soul tonight, farang girl."

After a few huffs and puffs from Analise, we ascended into Tric's massive Range Rover and sped to Anubis Mohammad house. I had grabbed my present for the annoying twat seconds before Analise threatened to stab it, saying that my presence alone was the best gift Anubis Mohandas could dream off.

"Alrighty ladies, we've arrived!" Tric piped up suddenly, swerving elegantly into a tiny parking space.

"Nice skills," I patted his back once we were outside, vulnerable to the blaring music and stench of alcohol.

"Why don't you wish the birthday boy a happy year, eh? Don't worry about Ana, I'll take care of her. " Tric suggested as he caught onto my trepidating and worried glances.

I stared at the spot over Tric's shoulder, where Analise was supposed to be waiting patiently, but predictably the wild black-haired beauty was nowhere to be seen. "I'm quite reluctant, seeing how she's gone," I stifled my giggles when Tric spun around frantically, searching for the one girl who was supposed to be his enemy.

"Call me if you need anything!" The Thai boy yelled over his shoulder as he pushed through groups of teenagers. I chuckled and crossed my arms, watching Tric get smaller and smaller as he disappeared among the dancers.

"What's got Suansune running all over the place?"

I released a heavy sigh, clutching the present in my hands, "Analise Benjamin."

"Well, I don't blame him," Anubis shrugged grabbing a drink from the bar counter, "I would do the same for you."

I narrowed my eyes at his hazy eyes and honest words, shifting on my foot every few seconds.