•1•

~Taehyung POV~

3:30 AM

I sat at the window, head rested in my arms which laid on the windowsill. I listened to the downpour from outside, hoping that was what was keeping Jungkook out so late. A loud clap of thunder roared from a distance, snapping me from my half-asleep trance. I took a quick glance at my phone; no messages or calls from him whatsoever. I heaved a loud sigh and watched as a bolt of lightning struck against the horizon. I let my eyelids sink closed for a bit until I heard the faint noise of car tracks along the gravel pavement, followed by two bright lights. I jumped up from the window and ran outside to Jungkook, hugging him tightly. I felt his strong arms wrap around me. "What was keeping you so late?" I asked, looking up at him with innocent eyes.

It took him a while to respond. "Work." He replied hastily, letting me go.

"You've been working late a lot this week, don't you think you should take a break for a bit?" I gently took hold of his hand and he immediately drew it back.

Before he could answer, a sudden gust of wind blew past us. Along with the wind, I picked up an unfamiliar scent; it was a strong cologne. I knitted my brows together. "Is that.. Jimin Hyung's cologne I smell?"

Jungkook was silent for a moment. "We were working together." I wasn't sure why, but I didn't trust him.

Suddenly, thunder roared loudly and caused the both of us to jump. A lightning strike followed after, illuminating Jungkook's features. I noticed something different when another bolt of lightning hit. There were hickeys scattered along Jungkook's neck, they looked nothing like the ones I usually left. 

My lips quivered with fear. "H-Have you been ch-cheating on me...?"