-Nine-

"So we are all going to shop, together!" Kam squealed in excitement. It seemed that she was more interested in buying something to wear rather than going for the actual dance. And so there we were, choosing dresses and having fun at the mall. It took four long hours to finally get dresses everyone was satisfied with. Just your choice never matters, it has to be approved by all of your fashion friendly buddies.

"So tell us all that happened" Kam intrigued with reference to that evening with Dan, when we reached their home. I was sitting on the couch and the other three were seated around me, cushions propped on their lap to keep their elbows on. "Haven't I already told you the details?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. "Not all" Mel stretched the 'all' part with a smirk plastered onto her face. "Well I remember telling everything to you guys. And that is all that happened. Nothing else" I confirmed whilst giving a crazy grin and got up to leave, for I had lots of homework to do.
x-x

The week was moving pretty slow. It's always that way when you wait for something good to happen. Classes went on as usual and the days seemed to get longer and longer although winter was coming.

"Pass that ball!" Howard called out during a physical education class on one Tuesday. It was the last period and I was playing cricket with Theo and some of our classmates while Howard and Ace practiced for their upcoming football match. Theo could have passed the ball being closer to it but I broke into a run to kick it. Not taking notice of the cricket bats placed on the field, I ran, tripped on one of them and fell, twisting my ankle at an odd angle. "You alright!?" Howard shouted from the other end of the field, increasing his pace to reach me. "I guess so" I shifted my right leg under me to sit in a more comfortable position and rubbed my left ankle.

"Can you move it?" Ace asked, staring at my foot with a concerned look. "Yeah" I shook my foot only to realise the pangs of pain that followed. I gave him an agonised smile which worsened his expression. "It isn't broken right?" he asked. "Nah, I'm sure it's just a sprain or something" I assured him. He looked more shocked than I was.

By then Howard, Kam, Theo and a few others had also crowded around me. I hate it when people do that but tried acting like I didn't mind. "I could use some help here" I said, raising my hands to anyone who could give some support.

Theo was the first to react. He put his hand under my arms and hoisted me up on my legs. "Thank you" I sighed with relief. Dan and Liz emerged from hallways on receiving the news from someone. Dan was quick in coming to my aid and appeared on my other side to support me, doing exactly what Theo had done.

I was a sight to observe. One girl with her arms around two cute guys of the school; every girl in the campus was looking. I suppressed my urge to smile despite the constant throbs in my ankle. We reached the medical room of our college and the staff immediately made me sit on the bed. They made me hold an ice pack on my swollen ankle for some 10 minutes and then wrapped my foot in a temporary plaster.

"You got to consult a doctor, there might be ligament damage" the nurse informed me with a serious face. "I can walk if I transfer most of my weight on my right--" I was interrupted by the nurse. "No dear, it's best if you just rest your foot. Don't walk or do anything that will bring pressure on the affected area" she said, lowering my leg onto the ground. "And the dance?" I asked with a feeling of horror. "I'm afraid that's a no too, unless the pain stops by then, but that can't happen. An injured ankle doesn't heal in four days" she said, shattering all the hope and excitement that had built up inside me.

Theo and Dan were waiting for me, a grim expression on both of their faces. "I will go to the dance, don't worry" I told them. But I was sure it was something else that was bothering Dan. "First get your ankle repaired" Dan said. "You do have a thing for being clumsy" he smiled which made the butterflies flutter in my stomach. "Let's get you home" Theo said and helped me get inside a taxi and dropped me at my place.