-Fifteen-

"Wake up Lisa, mom's come!" I pushed her but she didn't care to open her eyes. Worse still, she didn't even budge. "Liz! Theodore arrived!" I threw a pillow at her. "Huh?" she sat up with a start. "But we aren't walking today" she spoke like she was drugged.

"Wow, just his name got you awake" I picked the pillow and placed it back on the bed. "That's an improvement" I pushed the covers and blankets off her lap. "So he's not there?" she asked. "Nope" I laughed and ran before I had to face a major pillow blow. "That's not fair!" she shouted as I closed the door and heard the unmistakable thud of a pillow on it.

"She's up" I announced as I went back down to mom who had just arrived. I hugged her and rolled out the bags from the doorstep into the living room. "So I heard" mom smiled and walked in and sat on a chair, untying her shoe laces.

"Where's dad?" I asked her, looking out of the door to check if he was around. "He"ll be here on Christmas" she said. "You mean he's not here today" I asked in disbelief. "No, he's got his holidays only from christmas to new year's day" she explained and proceeded to unpack her luggage. I wondered how she had brought along two big suitcases if she had come alone. "And what about Jake?" I asked her referring to my younger brother whom I hadn't met for over three months now.

"Hey there!" Jake sprang up from under the dining table, scaring the living daylights out of me. "You.." I ran behind him as he made his way up the stairs. He was a freshman and two years younger to me but we still managed to get into sibling fights.

"Jake's been busy with his science exhibition for quite a long time now" she said when Lisa came down, almost bumping into us on the steps. "Jakie! Aunt Elsa!" she shrieked in delight and waddled over to hug my mom after hugging Jake. "Lisa, how are you?" my mom asked and handed her a package. "I'm great! And what's this?" she asked, already busying herself in tearing open the wrapping.

"It was supposed to be your Christmas present, but okay go on" mom smiled as Lisa pulled out a red jumper that had a Santa hat on it. "This is lovely" she smiled and put it on. "What's for me?" I asked, expecting something super amazing. "You'll get yours on Christmas" mom said and entered her favourite place, the kitchen.

"What did you get?" I whispered to Jake. "I haven't got anything yet, I have to wait till Christmas too" he shrugged.

"How about I make pasta for today?" she asked, checking our fridge and cabinets for food supplies. "Yes!" we shouted together. Mom had finally come home.
x-x

It was after lunch that mom decided to get some rest after her flight. "When do I get to meet all of your friends?" she asked when Lisa and I arranged some things in shelves and cabinets. "Soon" I smiled.

"I wanted some help from Theo with my project. How's he?" Jake asked. "Oh he's amazing" Lisa answered, grinning to herself. "We'll call them all at home for Christmas" mom suggested and I was more than happy with the idea. "Yeah okay" I agreed.

On getting information of mom's and Jake's arrival, Theo called us home for spending some 'quality' time together. Thankfully it had stopped raining and we could walk to his home with ease.

"Hey! How are you Jake?" Theo's mom asked him. "I'm great, how are you?" he smiled. "We all are good, how much taller you seem than the last time we saw you" she commented and then got busy in talking with mom. Our moms were very close friends and they had a lot of catching up to do. So Theo got some drinks for us and we went to his room.

On opening the door I was surprised to see what I had really not expected. "Hey Jakie!" Kam exclaimed and came forward to shake his hand. It wasn't Kam who got me, it was the fact that all were there. Dan too. And my ever nosy brother was sure to investigate who he was to me.