In control

Bria looked out on the land as it began to get dark. It was becoming dusk. The Mistress is going to take over soon.

Thel said he would be back after dusk.

She couldn't let the Mistress do anything to him. She didn't trust her even a little bit, she had to go far, far away so that the Mistress couldn't get back before dawn.

Bria took a breath and sprinted out the door. She ran and ran for what seemed like forever. She didn't recognize the surroundings she was in. Was she far enough? She looked at the sky as it got darker. By the time it was pitch black, Bria almost collapsed out of exhaustion.

Awaken.

The Mistress was startled when she realized her new body was on the ground. What had happened while she was asleep? She stood up and looked around, she had no idea where she was.

"Mistress?" She heard familiar voices in the distance. Of course, it was her failed experiments coming to greet her.

"Mistress? What are you doing way out here?" One of them asked her.

"She must've done this." She hissed. "She didn't want me somewhere. So she ran away."

"But of course not, your grace. She fears you." They said.

A small smirk spread across her face. "That is good."

"When will you kill her?"

"Once I have enough strength to control her body completely." She replied. "Give me the jar."

One of them handed her a glass jar. She cut a piece of glass into the palm of Bria's hand and dripped blood into the jar.

"Fascinating." She whispered.

"What is it, your grace?"

"She was right. Her body feels no pain." She closed the jar. "We need to break her."

"What do you mean?"

"She travels with a friend. I saw that she cares deeply for this friend."  She stared her failed experiments in the eyes. "We must kill him. If she's hurt from a loss, it will be much more simple to take over."

"But your grace, you only have 5 more days until you can complete the experiment. If not your soul will perish. What if you can't do it in time?" They asked.

"I will. Even if I do not slay her friend, I will still sacrifice her on the 5th day." She said. "Come. We must find our way back."

Wake up.

Bria's eyes popped open and she sat up faster than ever before. Did it work? Did she get far away enough? She looked around and noticed she was back in the abandoned city.

She stood up from where she was kneeling. Her hand felt wet, she looked at it and realized it was bleeding. Fear struck her heart at the realization that when the Mistress was in control, she could do whatever she wants with Bria's body.

Tears stung her eyes. She just wants to get rid of her once and for all.

I need to get rid of her.

The book. The book will most likely have the answers. She needed to go back to the library.

She decided to go back to the shack first. She wanted to know if Thel would still be there. If he was okay, or if he even knew she was gone.

She poked her head into the shack and noticed him. He quickly looked up at her.

"Bria?" He said surprised.