Chapter 6 (Pirates Strike again)

We hit the road and Rick in his small bus hangs behind us for the first few miles. He and I switched spots so he can lead the way since he knows the area better than us with the GPS of his. I dropped back to the back of the group to follow and keep an eye on the back. I thought I saw something in the rear view mirror just as I dropped back but I just figured I was seeing things but it wasn't long before I was proven wrong. I saw a hummer come to our side and side slam us. With all the protection we have I was able to maintain control picked up the Walki and radioed over to the others and said the pirates strike again backup needed. Rick radioed over asked how many are there. I said, as far as I can see there are 6 Hummers back here. My daughter looked out to the right passenger window and saw something that will make taking them out even rougher. She radioed over to everybody and said blowing out the tires are out there covered by heavy steel. Things just got even more complicated. I took the wheel by one hand the other on the hand brake ready for whatever was to come next. A I decided we can try to body slam them off the road. The one to my left was right next to the side of the freeway and there was about a 100 foot drop between the bridge and the ground. I took the wheel and slammed it to the left. The driver ran out of control and over it went. I almost took myself over I quickly pulled the brake and yanked to the right to maintain control. We drifted a little to much to the right so ended up yanking the wheel to the left and this time pulling the hand brake enough to get us lined up the way we needed without losing control of the van. I accidentally slammed into Twist's SUV. She radioed over and said be careful I radioed back and apologized. I then radioed over and notified that we lost one hummer and we have 5 more to go. Rick radioed over and said to ditch the back and to switch spots. I hit the gas and pushed the van to the front he fell back and I looked in the rear view mirror and saw things fly from there driver and passenger window. I was confused and radioed asking whats happening back there. He radioed back and said watch and learn. He commanded we slam it into gear and get out of here so we did. Next thing I know I hear multiple explosions. I radioed not knowing what happened asking is everybody ok. Everybody radioed back 10-4. Rick then radioed over and said that it was the sticky bombs he had. I radioed back well that explains the things flying out of your windows. He laughed and we continued. I wasn't watching where I was going but Dan radioed yelling, WATCH OUT! I looked forward and next thing I knew my van slammed into a blocked off road my concrete. My van went dead. I exclaimed, THINGS COULDN'T JUST GET WORSE!!!! Dan flew out of his SUV with his friend and told me to calm down and we all checked on my daughter. Luckily she was good and strapped in. We quickly threw as much as we could into Dans SUV and the trailer we had and off we went again. This time im in the trailer with my daughter. I knew things by the looks of it will just get worse and now I'm out of a vehicle and this was not good at all. We had to find another layover area to rest its been almost two days since any of us had sleep. I opened my laptop and searched for a place and one was about 10 miles from us but its not completly secure so we need to get rest and then get out ASAP. I also needed a new vehicle. We drove for the place which did not take to long.