Wolfsbane 1 (H/C)

Part one of the small series Wolfsbane

Warnings: cussing, angst

Summary: a hartmon soulmates story with a bit of Harry Potter style Lycanthropy. No Wells/Eobard. He is replaced by actual Wells, but one with a family to attend to so he's barely there.

"Being scooped up by a guy clad in head-to-toe leather's a long-time fantasy of mine, so thanks." Hartley Rathaway said.

☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇

"Our scanners are detecting foreign metal objects in your ears. Take them out." Cisco said threatningly.

"I can't, they block out just enough sound so I can hear normally, without them it is insufferably painful." Hartley whined.

"We're making you new ones, so don't try anything." Cisco growled. Hartley put his hands up in defeat.

"It feels good to have the great Harrison Wells behind you, doesn't it? But one day this man will turn on you... in a flash... and even you won't see it coming. My only hope: that he leaves you in better shape than he left me. If you're lucky, you'll only be dead, because every day I have to live with the problems he has given me. Huh, I almost forgot I told your pet I know the secret, Harrison. Have fun letting him in on that one." Hartley sniped.

"F you." Cisco called over his shoulder as he left the pipeline.

"Hey, are you ok? That's got to be hard on you, hearing him talk like that, and especially locking him up." Caitlin said softly.

"It's just that I don't even know if he is like me, if I'm his mate. It's so goddamn hard." Cisco cried.

Caitlin was the only one he had told because she was "running some tests" on him (without his consent, he was passed out) when she discovered an odd pattern of his cells and asked him when he woke up. (She also noticed Hartley's name engraved on his hip). She could have broadcasted it, or ruined him, but instead sympathized with him and helped him with his monthly transformation. He had grown his hair long to hide the deep scars on the back of his skull, but he was now free to cut it as Caitlin had make a salve that had completely healed them, even though he had been told since he was 10 that they would never heal and no one could heal them. She was the first person he considered part of his pack. Barry and Dr. Wells had since wormed their way in. Wells was Alpha, Cisco was Beta, Caitlin right after him, with Barry as the likable Omega.

☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇

"Here's the new hearing blocks, Hartley." Cisco said quietly.

"Thank you. You might want to plug your ears for this." Hartley waited until Cisco put his fingers in his ears before "AAAAAHHHH!"
a piercing scream cut through the room. It hurt Cisco to hear Hartley in such pain, and he rushed over without a care for his own hearing. Taking the blocks, he placed them in Hartley's ears.

"Ow." Was all Hartley said before he passed out

Cisco carried the taller man out and into the lab screaming to Caitlin that he'd passed out. She attempted to wake him up with a drug to wake up meta-humans they'd been developing, but it didn't work.

"Either he's not a meta, or he's not human." Barry stated.

"Or maybe neither." Caitlin quietly said to Cisco as she drew a small amount of blood and hurried to test it.

☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇

"Ow. Wait, what's wrong." Hartley said.

"I don't really know how to tell you this, or if you even know, but you have Lycanthropy." Caitlin said, playing the part of apologetic doctor perfectly. There was a moment of silence before Hartley burst out laughing.

"Me, not knowing! That's the funniest thing I've heard since age 12." Hartley choked.

"Wait, what's lycanthropy? I feel like I've heard it before, but I don't know what it is." Barry said, confused.

"It means he's a werewolf." Cisco said quietly.

"Wait, what! How wa huh? Wait, how do you know this?" Barry stuttered out.

"Because I am too." Barry luckily fainted, so no one noticed Hartley staring at Cisco in surprise and hope.

☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇☇

"No Hartley, we will not slap him again. That has been done too many times." Caitlin patiently said.

"Just let the poor guy rest. He just found out he knows two werewolves, and he accidentally revealed his identity to one who has shown a desire to hurt him before." Cisco said gently, but with clear irritation.

"What happened?" Barry asked groggily.

"Dude, you passed out. What's the last thing you remeber?" Cisco said.

"You bringing Hartley up to the cortex, but the rest is a bit fuzzy and dream-like." Barry said tiredly.

"Yeah, if it involves us being werewolves, that's not a dream." Hartley said, not bothering to sugarcoat it.

"I was struck by lightning, woke up nine months later being able to run faster than the speed of sound, and this is still beyond me." Barry said. "Not saying I'm against it." He quickly added at the look on Cisco's face. "Just out of curiosity, what sort of werewolf are you, Harry Potter or Twilight?"

"Did you actually read Twilight?" Cisco said, jokingly disbelieving.

"Hey, Iris wanted to and you know I cannot refuse her anything." Barry said defensively.

"I have a feeling that if you were a werewolf, she would be your mate." Hartley said.

"Wait, you guys have mates? Who are they?" Barry exclaimed.

"Umm....." Cisco and Hartley awkwardly avoided anyone's gaze.

"Oh, wait, is it taboo or something to say it? I'm so sorry for asking!" Barry said apologetically.

"It's fine." Hartley said a bit coldly.

"And, to answer your previous question, we are more Harry Potter type. I had horrible scars on the back of my skull until recently." Cisco said.

"Omg, Cisco, I had no idea, I am so sorry." Barry said.

"Just, it's fine ok?"

"No, it's not. I'm going to make it up to you. I'm going to make it up to both of you."

To be continued...

Word count: 1018