I'll Get You Out

I needed to get out of the house. I felt so confined and suffocated here. I just needed to get out and do something. Before I go crazy. Or drive someone else crazy.

I walked past Stef in the living room.

"Where are you going?" She asked as I made my way to the front door.

"Just for a walk."

Stef stepped in front of me, blocking me.

"You can't Callie." She said sternly.

"Why not? Liam's in PRISON. He can't hurt me now."

"Love, his 'friends' are still out there and they know what you look like and probably where you live. It's just...not a good idea."

Usually I would object, but she was right.  I never even thought of that.

"Do you really think they'd come here?" I asked her. "To get back at us?"

Stef didn't answer right away. She ran her hand through her blond hair, thinking.

"I honestly don't know, love. There's a good possibility."

"Then can't you arrest them?"

"For what, Callie? They didn't do anything directly to you. They weren't there when Liam...took you."

She then looked at me. "They weren't there, right?" she said.

I shook my head. "No, but I'm willing to bet they knew about and and was all for it!"

Stef led me away from the door, probably thinking that with my annoyance, I'd run outside against her orders. Like I would normally do. She didn't need to worry. I wasn't going to go out and put myself in danger (Yes I know I tend to do that a lot. But I know what Liam and his friends are capable of) and it's not like I can arrest them myself.

"But we don't have PROOF of that, Love!" Stef said once we were in the living room. " We don't know how much involvement they have in this."

"Can't you interrogate them?"

"Don't worry, Love. Mike is working on that. I don't think I can leave you...being you were taken from RIGHT IN THE HOUSE."

Stef looked angry as she said this. I could tell she felt at fault for it.

"You can't honestly be blaming yourself." I told her, taking a step closer to her. "There was nothing you can do."

She nodded.

"Still." she said, looking as if she was fighting tears. "It was my responsibility to protect you."

"And you did!" I told her.

"I didn't-"

"You found me, Mom. And because of you, I got out of there alive! You know as well as I do that he would've eventually killed me."

She was silent, considering this.

I smiled at her. She gave me one back, pulling me towards her.

"You truly are a good person." She said, hugging me. "Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

*****

There was a knock on the door.

"I got it." Stef told me, getting up. One hand rested on the gun I didn't even know she had in her back pocket. She really did think they will come.

"It's just a precaution." She said once she saw my reaction. "They wouldn't dare touch you with me around."

I smiled as she made her way towards the door. They WOULD be pretty dumb if they came around with Stef (Who. Never. Left. My. Side) nearby. She almost killed Liam. If they were smart, they'd stay away.

I heard faint conversation. I didn't seem to be in danger, so walked out to see who was out the door. It was two police officers. Once they saw me, they pushed through Stef and approached me.

I avoided them and made my way over to Stef.

"What is this about?" She asked. "You can't just come in here and-"

They interrupted her.

"Callie Jacobs Foster." They told me. "You are under arrest."

I felt the air whoosh out of me as I gaped as Stef.

"For what?!" Stef asked angrily.

"Prostitution." They told her, taking out a pair of cuffs and reaching for me.

Stef pushed me behind her.

"Like hell you are." she looked outraged. "Is this a joke? Prostitution? She was RAPED."

"That's usually the excuse."

They again tried to reach for me,  but Stef blocked them.

"You need to let us arrest her. " They ordered,  pushing past her.

"Mom..." I said as they succeeded in pulling me out from behind her and got the cuffs on my wrist.

"Where are you taking her?" Stef demanded.

"Juvie."

"They're find me there!" I told Stef. "They'll-"

Stef pulled my head towards her so that she was whispering directly into my ear.

"This is just a scare tactic probably Liam's lawyers came up with." she told me. "They got nothing. I'll get you out. But in the meantime, don't talk to ANYONE when you're in there. Don't tell anyone who you are." she kissed my temple.

"Mom." I whispered, a tear sliding down my cheek. She wiped it away.

"Just do as I tell you, baby. Don't trust anyone. Don't-" she cleared her throat. "Just DON'T fall asleep, okay? Don't accept anything from anyone. I'll bring you food when I visit you tomorrow."

They began dragging me away, reading my rights.

"I love you." She called after me. "I'll get you out!"