Fuck being a gang member, I should've been an actress.

Chapter 38

" Fuck being a gang member, I should've been an actress. "

Rochelle Quinn's POV:

I drove Rowan back to his foster families home, the car ride was entirely silent.

Kane didn't comment when I basically forced him to give me his car keys, ignoring Doyle's attempt of argument.

I turned to my brother, making sure he could see the sincerity in my eyes. "You go into that house and you make sure they know who the fuck they're dealing with."

He hesitated, "Rock, what if they try to do anything?"

I paused, "Do you want me to come in?"

He nodded his head.

I gestured to the door, following him as he walked into the house and went to the living room. I stayed back out of sight, listening to what he was saying.

"So the little shit's finally back?" Mrs Moore's voice sneered, slurring slightly in a way that was almost unnatural.

I halted my breath, clenching my fists as a wave of anger almost possessed me.

"If you do anything else to me ever again, my sisters gonna walk through that door and kick your motherfucking ass." Rowan threatened, his voice taking over a dangerous edge. Pride consumed me as I heard the wrath and threat leak through his tone.

"Rochelle? You're betting on Rochelle? The girl who gave up on you years ago?" Mr Moore commented disbelievingly, scoffing at my little brother.

"I always have, and she never gave up on me." My heart warmed at my words, I needed my brother to realize he wasn't alone.

I needed to repair all the damage he had faced.

A sharp slap echoed throughout the house, followed by a crash.

My brother must've fell to the floor.

Some bitch is gonna die today.

I shot into the room without hesitating, taking one glance at my brothers beaten form and grabbing Moore by his neck. I slammed him up to the nearest wall and put pressure on my grip, a blazing fire of fury lighting my eyes.

"If you ever," I spat the words at him, blocking his airways further. "Ever touch my brother again, I will kill you."

I dropped him, letting him fall and nurse his sore neck.

"Are you threatening my husband?" Mrs Moore looked at me in shock.

I almost vomited at the sight of her.

Her hair was greasy and dirty, the once vibrant locks lacked life and nurture.

It was disappointing seen as she used to be quite a beautiful woman.

I clenched my fists, "Certainly."

"We can hurt you worse than you can hurt us." She said with uncertain confidence.

I scoffed darkly, staring at her with a volatile glacé of disbelief.  "Then I guess you won't mind if I fight back, will ya?"

I kneeled down next to Rowan, ignoring Bitch 1 and 2.

"Listen to me." I whispered under my breath, keeping my gaze locked in his in a bid to avoid looking at the red mark blossoming on his face. "Keep your head down, get out of the house as much as you can. I'll sort you money out so you can get food and stay somewhere else. We just need to wait until I'm 19 and I promise I'll get you the fuck out of this place."