We'll be fine

by percywinchester27 on tumblr

Word count: 2800-ish

Pairing: Dean X Reader

Warning: Pregnancy, Panic attack, There's another trigger but I don't want to give it away, so please maybe check the ending?(I've put the warning there), ANGST, some fluff at the end?

Song Prompt: "You" by Switchfoot. It's a beautiful song guys, listen to it!

"We're here," your sister announced huffing slightly as she shoved the door aside. You immediately rushed forward to push the door further.

"How many times do I have to tell you to not push stuff like that?" You admonished her.

"It's no big deal Y/N," she said, walking into the health facility and heading towards the counter, "It's just that the lil' one is a bit feisty today." You smiled as she lovingly touched her swollen belly.

Your elder sister was almost eight months pregnant and that was why you were here in the diagnostic centre, to accompany her for a sonography she had scheduled. She took a seat in the waiting area after confirming the appointment with the receptionist and you sat down opposite to her. You looked around. The place was stark, white and clinical, every bit as boring as you had expected it to be.

"Why am I here again?" You asked, before continuing sarcastically, "Yeah right, because Steve's a dick."

"It's not like that," she said. "He had to be at work today." She sighed.

Yeah, basically a dick, you wanted to say, who the fuck prioritizes earning money over getting to see their baby? Good for her that the bunker was just a couple hour's drive from where she stayed. It was a total coincidence that you had called her and she'd mentioned about the appointment.

"I wanted you to see your nephew/niece too, Y/N."

You smiled a little, the whole pregnancy thing was... well, not your cup of tea.

"Oh look," your sister gasped.

"What? Where?" Your hunter's instinct kicked in as you looked around wildly, your hand immediately finding the sheathed knife tucked in the waistband of your jeans.

"My stomach, Y/N." Your sister sounded resigned. "Why are you always so jumpy?"

What were you going to tell her? That it was your reflex because you hunt monsters with your boyfriend and his brother? And stay in this old and cryptic bunker full of books on apparently non-existing mythology and lore? So you kept your mouth shut and paid attention to what she was pointing at.

"Oh god Lee, is that supposed to happen?" Your hand flew to your mouth. There were movements on the surface of her belly, like a miniscule tide running beneath the surface of the cloth covered skin.

Your sister only laughed. "Yeah Y/N, the baby is supposed to move."

It was a different feeling, warmth and love combined with a tingly trepidation. You loved Lee with everything that you had, there was a good 10 years age gap between you but she'd always been your best friend, your closest confident. She had been more of a mother to you than your sister, so seeing her like this, almost glowing with happiness made you happy too. You knew she'd make a great mother to one hell of a lucky kid.

"Can I feel the baby?" You asked nervously.

"Of course," she encouraged, pulling your hand and placing it over the baby bump. For a few seconds nothing happened, then there was a slight movement beneath the stretched skin and squealed, jumping up from your seat. "The baby moved, it moved."