ONE

I enter my room in the girl dormitory's after a long and tiring first day at Blackwell Academy.
My parents sent me over to study Photography, since this school was known as the best for arts.

Groaning loudly, I drop my bags onto the sofa beside my bed, and then lean back and drop down onto the bed mattress.
"It's been a long fucking day." I mumble to myself, staring up at the ceiling.

I wasn't the sociable kind. I like to keep my thoughts to myself a lot, and when it comes to speaking to new people, I struggle . This caused me to get picked on in my previous school, in my home town.

However, for the first time in a while, I feel like fit for once. As soon as I moved, I instantly made a friend by the name Kate Marsh.
Kate Marsh is kind hearted, religious and just a lovable person in general. We both get on incredibly well, and we even do photography together.

I was told to meet Principal Wells in his office at 3:30pm, meaning I have fifteen minutes to get there.
"Ah shit" I say to myself, thinking I'll be late.
I quickly grab my school bag and exit my room.

I walk down the halls towards the dormitories exit, until I hear reasonably loud talking coming from one of the rooms. I slow my walking pace, feeling a little nosy.

Suddenly, a boy left the room, still talking to the girl inside.
He was wearing a red jacket, white top and some blue jeans. He also has light brown hair, blue eyes and a very serious looking face.
The girl inside was a tall blonde, wearing some fancy ass clothing.

I remember talking to Kate in photography today. She told me specifically to stay away from a boy by the name of Nathan Prescott. He fit the description.
I gulp, trying hard not to have eye contact.

He turns to face me as I walk past, and his eyes lock on me. I begin to feel embarrassed, it was silly of me, but I'm incredibly awkward.

I quickly leave the building before he even attempts to talk to me, not like a guy like him would speak to a shy, nerd like me.

I soon arrive at the Principals office. I knock twice and wait for him to answer. It took a few seconds until the door finally opens.
"Ah, Ms (Y/L/N)" Principal Wells says.
I smile slightly, before I enter the room.
"Please take a seat." Wells directs me to the seat opposite his desk.

I sit down opposite Principal Wells, and listen to what he has to tell me.

"I hope you've had a warm welcome by the other students here at Blackwell." He says, leaning slightly across his desk.
"Yes, thank you." I reply.

We spoke for around twenty minutes about my time table, it was quite boring but I guess it's important.
"Thank you Principal Wells." I shyly say. Picking up the papers of my timetable and then leaving.

I start to walk down the halls once more so I could return back to the dormitories. I look at my surroundings as I walk back. The walls were covered with missing persons posters.
"Hm?" I tilt my head in confusion, then approaching the wall which was covered in the papers.
I sigh as I read.
'Rachel Amber...god, I hope she's okay' I think to myself.

I continue walking across the school campus. I daydream as I walked, resulting in me tripping up and landing into some girl.
"Fuck!" I yell. I jump back up and hold my hand out to help the girl laying on the wet, muddy grass.

"Get the fuck away from me." She spat out. I lower my hand.
"I'm sorry..." I quietly spoke, feeling my cheeks burn up. The girl stood up from the ground. It was the same girl that I saw with that boy, which I believed was Nathan Prescott.
"You got shit all over me!" She cries out.
"It's...just mud..." I shyly say.
"Don't even talk to me!" The blonde haired girl brushes down her jacket.

"Wait...you're that new girl?" She asks me. I nod my head, slowly.
"I'm Victoria Chase, now remember that name, bitch." She scowls at me, then pushes me out her way.

I watch her walk away, then sighing and heading back to my own room. I understand why Kate told me to stay away from Nathan, is he just as bad as Victoria? I've heard enough bad things.

I arrive back to my room, place my bags down and sit down on my bed, relaxing once more. I pull my phone out from my pocket and start to text Kate.

Me: Hey, Kate. You in your room?

I wait patiently for a reply.

Kate: Yeah. Why? What's up?

Me: can I come round? Just wanna chat, I'm bored :P

Kate: of course you can! See you shortly ^_^

I smile down at my phone, then get up from my bed to meet Kate in he room.

I knock a couple of times on her door until she answers.
"Y/N!" She smiles wide as she opens the door. "Come in!" She took my hand and led me inside her room.

Her room looked cosy. "So what would you like to talk about?" Kate says, sitting down on the edge of her bed, then patting the space beside her, telling me to sit down.
I sit down beside Kate and look up at her.
"What's up with Victoria and Nathan?" I say.
"Victoria is so rude, and Nathan just has a glare that's just so intimidating." I add.

Kate sighs, looks down at her lap, then back up at me. "They're behaviour is very poor." Kate says.
"I noticed..." I say back.
"Nathan and Victoria like to party a lot, as well as drinking and drugs. It's what the vortex club is known for." Kate mentions.

"I noticed there's some party going on soon too? Posters are hanging about." I say.
Kate rolled her eyes and groaned. "Another friend of mine is forcing me to go, I really don't want to, can you please come with me?" She begs.

I think about it for a few seconds, until seeing the look in Kate's eyes. She really doesn't want to go without me. I sigh as she pouts at me.
"Sure thing, Kate. I'm not letting you go alone." I smile weakly at her, I don't like partying but I'll do it for Kate.
"Yay, thank you, Y/N!" She hugs me tight, then let's me go.
"Well I better be going, Kate. Call me if you need anything." I say, then leaving.
"Will do."

In my dorm, I take my timetable out my bag and check what lessons I had tomorrow.
I practically had Photography all day, and a little bit of chemistry. I just pray I don't get bothered by Victoria or Nathan after today.