FOUR

A day past and the party was tonight. I was kinda excited but mostly dreading it, only because Warren told me about the whole alcohol and drug situation that Nathan gets into at these types of parties.

I look into the mirror and stare at my new bought dress. I sigh and roll my eyes at myself. I never pull off a dress like this and Nathan is bound to find this ugly. Ugh, but why do I care so much?

I placed a bit of money into my small purse in case I needed some for an emergency. I now had to wait for Kate to arrive.

After a few minutes, Kate had arrived to my room looking absolutely stunning, I knew that dress would suit her. We both set off and left the dormitories. There was no sight of Nathan, but many people were gathering together outside to join in on the party.

Minutes passed and we arrived to the hall where the party was being held. It was packed with people already and half seemed to be wasted already. My eyes widened at the sight, I had never seen anything like it.

"I'll see you in a bit, Y/N" Kate said. I tilted my head in confusion.
"Where are you going?" I asked. "Please don't leave me by myself" I pouted. Kate giggled and placed her hand on my arm.
"Don't worry, I'll come see you again soon. I need to speak to someone" She smiled sweetly. I nodded my head and sighed. I was afraid to be alone and wanted company from someone I knew well. I may know Nathan, however I can't trust him just yet.

I approached the small bar in the corner of the hall. Some boy was behind the table selling all kinds of drinks. I scan the table and look for something I like...nothing. "Uh, excuse me, do you have any juice?" I yell over the loud music. The boy raised his eyebrows and let out a cackle.
"We have Fanta Vodka" He yelled back.
"What the fucks that?" I ask, scrunching my nose. He shook his head in disbelief, whilst I stared at him blankly.
"Ya know what, don't bother" he raised his voice so it was loud enough to hear.

I rolled my eyes and walked away with my head low. I felt out of place here. I don't like alcohol, I hate dancing, drugs is a no and I'm socially awkward. I sat on a bench alone away from everyone, as I waited for Kate to come back. There was still no sight of Nathan. He said he was coming and I can't see Nathan backing down a party like this.

I was getting sick of being alone, Kate still hadn't come back from wherever she was and Nathan was still not here. I grunt in annoyance and stand up vigorously. I opened the door to exit the hall and suddenly bumped into a hard chest. I gasped in shock and stepped back, quickly apologising.

I look up to see Nathan looking down at me, grinning. I frown and crossed my arms angrily. He was holding a bottle of beer in his hand and he seemed to be already sober.
"Where the fuck have you been?" I snapped. "Fifteen minutes I waited!" I added. He smirked and chuckled in surprise of my aggression.
"I was held up, I'm sorry" he pouted, making me feel bad for being mean. I rolled my eyes and grunted. "You look pretty" He smiled, looking me up and down. I blushed and faced away to try and hide my embarrassment.

Nathan was still wearing the same old red jacket. "I'm starting to think you have a weird relationship with that jacket" I grin, grabbing the sleeve and pulling it a bit. He laughed but didn't say anything back, he just changed the subject.
"No drink?" He asked, seeing my empty hands. I shook my head as we both started to walk further into the hall by the dance floor.
"I don't drink" I replied. His jaw dropped and he quickly took a large swig of his alcoholic beverage. "In fact, I've never even tried alcohol before. Mainly because the after effects put me off" I said.

Nathan quickly grabbed my hand and dragged me along to the drinks table. He looked up at the kid serving all the drinks and the boy backed up to let Nathan take what he wanted. I frowned at him, wondering why people never wanted to get of Nathans bad side. I've seen Nathan angry, but I suppose I haven't seen the full thing...