1995 to 2005

Year 1995.

Sayu age 3.

Light age 6.

Sayu Yagami began going to daycare in order to "socialize" with the kids her age.

After a prank goes wrong, Sayu Yagami is temporarily blinded for a predicted period of one to two years.

Year 1996, Sayu age 4, Light age 7.

Light Yagami began attending Elementary School, flawless attendance record, behavior and grades while Sayu is stuck at home blind.

The Yagami family buys a new house, and the Yagami siblings gets their own rooms.

Year 1997, Sayu age 5, Light age 8.

Sayu gets her sight back.

Light Yagami and Sayu Yagami frequently starts to visit the local library, Light expressing interests in criminology and cop themed books while Sayu officially took an interest in comics.

Unofficially she took an interest in psychology, coded messages, strategies and myths concerning gods of death. While Light read books Sayu would often discreetly use the library's computers making sure not to leave a single trace of what she was doing.

A blue notebook and a red notebook owned by Sayu Yagami was filled with coded messages in Spanish and hidden in a box buried in the Yagami household's backyard.

Various forged identities and bank accounts have begun appearing in various nations, save for England.

A dangerous hacker going by the code "The Spider's Thread" suddenly appeared. He is said to be able to effortlessly weave around securities, dangers and traps without batting an eyelash in order to gain high priced information and capable of putting a whole county under his cyber rule.

Commonly known by underground organizations and corrupted rich folks whom pays him not to sell or publish information. The Spider Thread is prone to resort to blackmail and more times than not discreetly sells out those that he feels deserves punishment to the cops, the cops are none the wiser as to the fact that The Spider Thread frequently hacks into their system and sits in their meetings.

An information broker going by the alias "Red Apples" has begun raising up the ranks by forming various connections with the underground organizations, officially going by the identity of "Akane Ringo" to legal organizations.

Year 1998, Sayu age 6, Light age 9.

Light Yagami begins expressing interest in law, namely following his father's footsteps. Still has perfect academic grades and attendance.